Social Sciences Psychology & Counselling
The course enables participants to:
- obtain an overview of the major theories and concepts in the areas of applied psychology,
- apply the knowledge base and principles of applied psychology to current/future professional and personal development as managers and leaders in public and/or private organizations,
- achieve a better understanding of oneself and others.
This is a part-time course delivered via a combination of lectures, workshops, role-play practices, etc.
- Application of clinical psychology - e.g. Understanding psychopathology
- Application of counselling psychology – e.g. Counselling and coaching
- Application of health psychology – e.g. Emotional management and psychotherapy
- Application of industrial/organizational Psychology – e.g. Leadership and change
- Application of personality psychology – e.g. Common personality assessments
- Application of positive psychology - e.g. Mindfulness and character strength
- Application of social psychology – e.g. Obedience and conformity
[Note: Topics to be included are subject to change.]
Course participants will be required to submit 2 written assignments on specific topics, which are set by the instructors involved. Besides, there is also a minimum attendance requirement of 80%
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 1 November 2023 - 20 March 2023
(60 contact hours in total)
Fee & Entry Requirements
a) hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
b) hold an associate degree / a higher diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience relating to staff supervision.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior-level work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Course Fee : HK$8,200
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method