Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Nursing Studies and Healthcare
The programme aims to train healthcare professionals and those from related disciplines to develop the knowledge, understanding and competencies in mastering the advanced use of Information Technology skills in healthcare settings.
- One-year programme with 230 contact hours
- 5 core modules plus Postgraduate Project
- Most modules consists of
- 36 contact hours including lecture, e-learning activities or workshop
- 1.5 hours written examination
- Continuous Assessment
- Fortress Tower Learning Centre
Island East Campus
Remark: HKU SPACE reserves the right to alter details of the course such as date, time, venue and substitution of lecture or tutors.
|Module Title||Contact hours/
|Module 1 - Overview of e-Health & Hong Kong e-Health System||
|Module 2 - Integrated e-Health, m-Health & Ubiquitous Health||
|Module 3 - Management Issues in e-Health||
|Module 4 - Knowledge Management & Business Intelligence for e-Health||
|Module 5 - Ethical, Legal & Social Issues||
|Module 6 - Postgraduate Project||
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicant should provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; OR
ii. a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in the internet-based TOEFL; OR
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E;
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$51,000 to be paid in 2 installment
1st installment: HK$28,050; 2nd installment: HK$22,950
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in e-Health Informatics
|COURSE CODE 41G105099||FEES $51,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5781|
|Knowledge Management & Business Intelligence for e-Health (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in e-Health Informatics)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z105136||FEES $7,650||ENQUIRY 2975-5781|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in e-Health Informatics
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- All applicants are required to complete one Application Form (SF26) and, either submit them in person or post them to Ms Heather Tang, College of Life Sciences and Technology, HKU SPACE, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- All applications, either by post or in person must be accompanied by:
- Certified photostat copies of full educational certificates and transcripts.
Note: When submitting your application in person at any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centers, please bring along the originals of your educational certificates / transcripts for certification. If you are posting your application, please arrange to bring the originals of the relevant documents for certification at any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres before the commencement of classes.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Nursing Studies and Healthcare Advanced Technology and Computing