Business & Management Workplace Psychology and Well-being
1. the latest concepts, tools and techniques in business psychology and human resource management
to achieve HR and corporate goals and objectives;
2. various approaches to resolve issues and improve performances in the workplace; and
3. a thorough understanding of skills needed to develop and increase the opportunities
for effective conflict resolution.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- apply psychological concepts and frameworks to diagnose and address issues, resolve conflicts, manage organisation culture and implement change in the organisation;
- critically examine the evolving environments of an organisation and apply talent and performance management concepts and frameworks to align with organisation strategies and goals;
- utilise leadership skills in planning, developing and sustaining mutually beneficial relationship between people of different functions in an organisation;
- critically analyse conflict situations in the workplace and develop applicable conflict resolution, negotiation strategies and action plans for dispute resolution;
- critically evaluate opportunities for change and implement strategic plans in dynamic business environments to facilitate objectives fulfilment; and
- synthesize and apply knowledge of conflict resolution methods and organisational change management in practice.
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology will be able to articulate to the Master of Arts Human Resource Management with 2 module exemptions.
For more information, please visit: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/master-of-arts-human-resource-management-online
Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology comprises 5 modules with a total of 60 credits.
- 3 terms in each year
- Normal duration of study is 12 months
- Maximum registration period is 28 months
- Coursework (Written Report and Case Study)
- Group Project and Presentation
- Open Book In-Class Test
- 70% Attendance Requirement
- Part-time programme: Face-to-Face lecture
- Saturdays, 2:00 - 7:00pm (5 hours per session)
- Medium of Instruction: English
HKU SPACE reserves the right to make necessary changes without prior notice.
Modules & Class Details
|Module||Contact Hours||Course Fee|
|1. Business Psychology in Human Resource Management||30||$5,400|
|2. Managing Organisation Talent and Performance||30||$5,400|
|3. Leadership Competencies, Development and Planning||39||$7,200|
|4. Behavioural Approach to Conflict Resolution and Negotiation||45||$9,000|
|5. Culture and Change Management||45||$9,000|
Postgraduate Diploma in
Human Resource Management and Business Psychology
Upon successful completion of all 5 modules, students will be awarded the 'Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology' within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Upon successful completion of Modules 1-3, students can opt to exit the programme with an intermediate award of “Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management” within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Upon successful completion of Modules 4 and 5, students can opt to exit the programme with an intermediate award of "Postgraduate Certificate in Organisation Change Management" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE. (Effective for students who join the programme starting September 2023 intake)
Fee & Entry Requirements
(A) (i) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; AND
(ii) have three years of full-time work experience in related industries
(B) (i) hold professional qualification(s) in a relevant discipline; AND
(ii) have five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
(ii) a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
(iii) HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
(iv) HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
(v) equivalent qualifications
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Tuition fee: $36,000 (subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Psychology in Human Resource Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149617||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 2975-5690|
|Behavioural Approach to Conflict Resolution and Negotiation (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149641||FEES $8,700||ENQUIRY 2975-5690|
|Culture and Change Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z14965A||FEES $9,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5690|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Business Psychology
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Completed application forms should be submitted in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A non-refundable application fee (cheque should be crossed and made payable to “HKU SPACE”)
- HKID / Valid VISA (both original and copy)
- Academic qualification supporting document(s) (both original and copy)
- Work experience supporting document(s) (both original and copy)
* Original HKID, certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for verificationPayment Method
1. CASH OR EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters
2. crossed CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT payable to “HKU SPACE”.
Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
• bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres; or
• mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Workplace Psychology and Well-being