Accounting & Finance Accounting
Led by UCL of London University which is ranked 8 in 2022 and 2023 QS ranking ; just after Imperial College London (7) and before University of Chicago (10) ; a mark of excellence and quality, respected by employers and universities worldwide.
Students only need to pass 2 modules and a final capstone project in order to be awarded the Master degree.
HKU SPACE Preparatory Course for MSc Professional Accountancy
Congratulations! In the recent intake, 20 students of our preparatory course have been awarded with MSC in Professional Accountancy (2 distinctions and 18 merits).
All modules are CEF reimbursable! Students who successfully complete the HKU SPACE preparatory course may claim up to HK$25,000.
Capital Markets and Global Perspectives - Jan 2024 Intake
Please enroll ASAP!!! Online enrolment is welcome
A Master with distinction completed in 6 months! Hear the story at https://london.ac.uk/news-opinion/london-connection/profiles/shagufa-jamaldeen
ACCA CPD Units
One hour of learning equates to one CPD unit. Your studies could easily provide your full 40 units for one year.
Key dates for application and registration with UoL (London time)
Applicants must submit an application in line with the procedures and deadlines set out on UoL's website.
|October 2023 intake|
|Application open||26 June 2023|
|Application deadline||11 September 2023|
|Registration deadline||25 September 2023|
HKU SPACE preparatory courses offer five UoL’s modules:
(UoL Module Code)
|HKU SPACE Application Code (For Jan 2024 Intake)||Day and Time||Venue|
|Hong Kong Island|
(Available in Jan 2024)
(Available in Jan 2024)
*The above offering schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
Mounting of each course is subject to sufficient enrolment and solely at the discretion of the School.
*HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
Course Fee for preparatory courses: HK$7,500 per elective module and HK$ 15,000 per capstone project.
Fees are reviewed annually and subject to change without prior notice. Mounting of each course is subject to sufficient enrolment and solely at the discretion of the School.
Additional Costs - You will also need to budget for the Course Fee for University of London: Please visit https://london.ac.uk/courses/professional-accountancy#fees for details.
- Total contact hours for each elective module: 30 hours
Total contact hours for Capstone Project: 60 hours
Fee & Entry Requirements
To apply for the Preparatory Course for MSc in Professional Accountancy, applicants must first register with UoL as students of this MSc programme and enrol in the relevant module(s).
Entry Requirements of this MSc Programme of London University
To satisfy the entrance requirements to register for the MSc PA, you must have fulfilled the membership requirements of a listed professional accountancy body; please refer to the most updated requirements on the UoL website.
When you register for the MSc Professional Accountancy with UoL, the qualifications from the following professional accountancy bodies will be accepted.
Professional Accountancy Body
|Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)||
Full member (ACCA, FCCA).
Affiliates must have passed all examinations.
|Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)||
Full member (ACMA, FCMA, CGMA).
Applicants must have passed all examinations.
Full member [Certified Practicing Accountant - CPA and Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)].
If you are Associate (ASA) you must have passed all CPA examinations.
|Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)||Full member only (CPA or FCPA)|
- HK$7,500 per elective module and HK$ 15,000 per capstone project
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Analysing Risk for Decision Making)
|COURSE CODE 33C140128||FEES $7,500||ENQUIRY 2867 8409|
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Capital Markets and Global Perspectives)
|COURSE CODE 33C140136||FEES $7,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8409|
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Capstone Project)
|COURSE CODE 33C140144||FEES $15,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8409|
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Global Issues in Finance and Accounting)
|COURSE CODE 33C140152||FEES $7,500||ENQUIRY 2867 8409|
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Issues in Investment Management)
|COURSE CODE 33C140160||FEES $7,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8409|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Analysing Risk for Decision Making) Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Capital Markets and Global Perspectives) Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Capstone Project) Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Global Issues in Finance and Accounting) Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Issues in Investment Management)