At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
This follow-on 18-hour short course focuses on the strategies and language for producing effective emails for the workplace. In addition to practice on correct grammar, sentence structure, appropriate style and editing, lessons are centred on a variety of business email writing contexts such as marketing, human resources or publicity.
This course focuses on Impromptu Talk and Discussion. It aims to develop oral communications skills that enable you to speak clearly and present ideas coherently.
Topics cover a wide variety of Hong Kong and international media channels including newspapers, TV, the Internet and podcasts. Students practise and learn discussion and debating skills to capture and convince the audience.
Skills learnt will be very useful for taking part in discussions and debates, presenting in school settings, and studying subjects like current issues and liberal studies.