Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course - Leadership, Transformation and Organisational Change Management)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 17 Oct 2020 (Sat)
- 6 months
- Course Fee
- HK$17,600 per programme
The University of London is offering a 40% Scholarship to all new GMBA students registered for the October intake at HKU SPACE. Students will only need to pay around HKD170,000 for the full GMBA programme.
Apply NOW to study a world-class GMBA!
This programme prepares students for strategic leadership and transformational roles in organisations through learning various management models (from the more classical to contemporary models focusing more on individuals or systems) crucial to evaluating the effectiveness of leadership in these models. Students are supported towards a career in business management so that they may apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex, dynamic issues and situations that will come up in their working environments.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Articulate how management models complement leadership theories and practices;
- Identify the most relevant and current research in managing and leading organisations and its application to workplace settings;
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different management models;
- Discuss the importance and relevance of leadership theories;
- Analyse the paramount role of strategic leadership; and
- Evaluate the key drivers, types and processes of organisational change and learning.
Part I: Leadership
- Trait-based Leadership
- Behavioural Ideals
- Situational/Contingency Theories pt 1
- Situational/Contingency Theories pt 2
- Functional Theories
- Integrated Psychological Approach
- How Leaders Should Be
- Nudge Theory
- A Hierarchy of Needs
- Bringing It All Together
Part II: Transformation and Organisational Change Management
- Leadership and Management in the 21st Century
- Theories of Leadership
- Strategic Leadership and Decision Making in Top Teams
- Challenges and Complexities of Organisational Change
- Implementing Changes
- Organisational Learning
- Transformation through Culture and Vision
- Transformation through Systems and Structure
- Innovation as Driver for Transformation
- Organisational Evolution, Adaptation and Renewal
32 lecture hours. Classes will be held on weekends.
Coursework: Two 1,000 word assignments
At least 70%
Students who are able to satisfy both the attendance requirement (minimum 70%) and pass the programme assessment will be conferred a "Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course – Leadership, Transformation and Organisational Change Management)".
1) be a current student of the University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA programme;
2) i) hold a second-class honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution;
ii) have three years’ work experience in a managerial role (within the past five year).
- Course Fee : HK$17,600 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Preparatory Course – Human Resource Management and Leadership)
|COURSE CODE 33C124939||FEES $17,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Cert for Module (Preparatory Course - Leadership, Transformation & Organisational Change Mgnt)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship