Social Sciences Media & Communication
The programme is a PR course. It aims to equip students with knowledge and skills of English public relations writing for organizational media, such as newsletter, corporate report, website, blog, brochure and speechwriting. Students will learn the principles of effective writing and tips for persuasive presentation, such as public speech, in English.
Happy Teaching! Happy Learning!
The Programme is designed for
- Junior executives and managers-to-be, who work in the front line and entry levels in the fields of PR, Corporate Communication, Sales, Management, Marketing, IT, in the small and medium-sized organizations, NGOs, public utilities, Government and commercial sectors;
- People (such as Admin/HR/Marketing/Sales etc.) who are multi-tasking in various function lines including the development and/or implementation of the publicity materials for organizational media such as blog, webpage, corporate brochure, newsletter, speech writing for senior management;
- Potential students who may not have the academic background in communication and PR field and need to have the background knowledge of English PR writing .
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. Describe the principles of effective writing in the public relations function;
2. Apply the effective writing process in preparing PR and publicity materials;
3. Write public relations materials for organizational media, such as newsletter, corporate report, website, blog, brochure and speechwriting;
4. Prepare various kinds of presentation, such as public speech, in English.
- Writing for Public Relations
- Public Relations Writing Techniques
- Writing for Organizational Media
- Public Speech and Presentation
Students who have successfully completed the programme and fulfill the course assessments will be awarded " Foundation Certificate in English PR Writing and Presentation" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Ms. Christina Lai
BA UWM, Cert HKUSPACE
Christina Lai is a communications specialist with extensive experience in advising executives from in-house and consultancy perspectives. Christina was formerly the market lead of a global public affairs consultancy, overseeing the Hong Kong office. Prior to that she was with a major bank as its first public affairs specialist in Hong Kong. During the ten years with the bank, she had served in various regional and global roles. Christina is also a specialist in crisis communications with experience in public and private sectors.
9:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
(**Class(es) might also be scheduled on weekday evening in some special occasions.)
Hong Kong Island side Learning Centres
(i) have gained in the HKCEE Grade E or Level 2 in English Language*; or
(ii) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in English Language.
Preference will be given to those who have worked in communication or related fields. Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will also be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in the case for Syllabus A in the HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in English Language.
- Course Fee : HK$9,380 per programme (Effective from October 2023 intake. Non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Admin charge applies to course withdrawal.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Foundation Certificate in English PR Writing and Presentation
|COURSE CODE 40C124142||FEES $ 9,100||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Foundation Certificate in English PR Writing and Presentation
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit the filled HKU SPACE application form (SF26) with:
- copies of academic qualifications;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
- copy of HKID card/passport;
- cheque for course fee
- In Person
To any of our enrolment centres (https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre); or
- By Post
Mail to Ms Cherry Chow at Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque.
Course applicants, who are alumni and holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Media & Communication Marketing Communications and Branding