Accounting & Finance Risk Management
Congratulations to our bright students --- 100% pass rate for the last cohort!
Our postgraduate diploma graduates need to study ONE MODULE and do the DISSERTATION will get the Master Degree!
FAST-TRACK articulation path with quality (admitted in May 20x1 and will graduate in July 20x2 upon passing the dissertation).
Glasgow Caledonian University is pioneer and well known for risk management discipline for 30+ years!
Our Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management (Pgdip ERM) graduates who have completed the *5 pre-requisite modules, would be exempted 120 credits and only need to study the module of ‘Research Methods’ and also submit a 12,000-word dissertation to attain the award of MSc Risk Management .
* Enterprise Risk Management Framework; Business and Professional Ethics; Corporate Governance; Financial and Business Risk Management and Business Interruption Crisis Management.
The programme will serve as an articulation path for the Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management (Pgdip ERM) graduates of HKUSPACE who have completed the pre-requisite modules. Graduates of Pgdip ERM of HKUSPACE who have completed the *pre-requisite modules, would be exempted five modules (120 credits) and they only need to study the module of ‘Research Methods’ (20 credits) and also submit a 12,000-word dissertation (40 credits) to attain the award of MSc Risk Management (total 180 credits).
Graduates of Pgdip ERM of HKUSPACE who have completed the *pre-requisite modules, would be exempted five modules (120 credits) and they only need to study the module of ‘Research Methods’ (20 credits) and also submit a 12,000-word dissertation (40 credits) to attain the award of MSc Risk Management (total 180 credits). Students would need to study one module ‘Global Perspective on Risk’ on-line if they do not satisfy the pre-requisite requirement.
*Pre-requisite modules: Business and Professional Ethics, Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Corporate Governance, Financial and Business Risk Management and Business Interruption Crisis Management.
The GCU MSc Risk Management in the UK comprises 180 credits, which include 7 modules plus one dissertation. As HKUSPACE Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management has a comprehensive coverage on risk discipline, the graduates will be exempted 120 credits. 120 credits will be exempted for holders of HKUSPACE Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management, i.e., the programme delivered in Hong Kong will be a part-time top-up version and comprises 60credits. Students need to study research method (20 credits) and submit a dissertation (40 credits).
Mode of Delivery
Medium of Instruction
Duration of Programme
Location of Delivery
16 hours face to face teaching over one weekend plus online support
Course Detail: Click here
16 hours face to face teaching over one weekend plus 10 hours individual student guidance and support
Course Detail: Click here
The programme is taught by GCU staff and normal duration to finish the programme is 9 months.
Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance
This is an exempted course (Reference No.: 452797) under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
|Application Code||2150-AC062A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 16 hours per module
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Modules & Class Details
Research Method (20 Credits) – 16 hours face to face teaching over one weekend plus online support
Teaching and Learning Strategy
Dissertation (40 Credits) – 16 hours face to face teaching over one weekend plus 10 hours individual student guidance and support
Research independently a substantial topic both through reference to existing scholarship and through analysis of primary source material
Structure a substantial analytical task in an appropriate fashion
Sustain a complex conceptual and theoretical analysis
Work purposively to a conclusion from an investigation of disparate data
Sustain appropriate standards of written presentation of research work
Research Methods: Oct - Dec 2023
Dissertation : Mar - Oct 2024
Fee & Entry Requirements
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management awarded within the HKU system through HKUSPACE.
**Candidates with other equivalent qualifications will be considered for exemption of relevant modules in Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management on a case-by-case basis**
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Total HKD55,000 per programme
[include Research Method (20 credits) & Dissertation (40 credits)
Course fee is subject to change if deemed appropriate.
Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
About the Partners
GCU is a public Higher Education Institution. The Glasgow School for Business and Society is one of the world's leading centres for the provision of risk management education, consultancy and research, with more than twenty years' experience in the field and their programmes have been attracting students from around the world.
GCU is a modern university gaining University status in 1993, it was previously Glasgow Polytechnic. The university’s founding institutions date back to 1875. The courses are practical and vocational in their nature and with a strong focus on employability and 95% of GCU graduates go on to employment of further study within 6 months of graduating. The University is located within the centre of Glasgow and has a specialist postgraduate campus in London. GCU has recently opened a campus in New York and has partner campuses in Oman, Caledonian College of Engineering and Bangladesh, Grameen Caledonian College of Nursing. GCU has a student population of about 20,000 students from over 100 countries.
GCU has been teaching risk management at degree level for over 30 years and are the first and only University in the UK to offer a BA (Hons) Risk Management. We have an extensive risk management alumnus, many of whom hold senior risk positions in large multinational organisations, and as such GCU are widely recognised in the UK as the leading provider of risk management graduates. The MSc Risk Management has been running for over 20 years on campus in Glasgow and has also been delivered by distance learning for much of this time. It is also delivered at our GCU London campus.
All GCU risk programmes have a strong vocational and industry focussed approach which is commended by employers and industry bodies alike, many of whom return to us year after year to recruit our graduates. Our innovation in the field continues to develop with the creation of cutting-edge programmes such as the MSc Business Resilience and Crisis Management.
GCU is also the first Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment Centre of Excellence specialising in financial services.
For more details, please search http://www.gcu.ac.uk/theuniversity/.