Life & Health SciencesDietetics, Food & Nutrition
Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics
- Course Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 2 years
- Course Fee
- To be confirmed
In association with the Ulster University, U.K., HKU SPACE offers the Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) in Dietetics. The programme is offered on a part-time basis (except for the clinical placement) which falls in line with the school’s mission in delivering flexible programmes which meet the needs of potential students and the community.
Holders of the MSc in Dietetics fulfill the criteria for employment as dietitians by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority. Graduates are eligible to apply for registration as a dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), UK.
Reference no. of exempted courses under NLHPE: 450321
The PgD in Dietetics programme aims to fulfill both the academic and professional requirements laid down by the Academic Committees of HKU SPACE and the Ulster University, UK. Graduates of the PgD in Dietetics programme are eligible to apply to be Registered Dietitians with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC, U.K.). The qualification will provide them with the knowledge to practice dietetics with individuals and groups in the hospital and the community setting.
This programme is designed to provide academically challenging postgraduate education for graduates who wish to pursue a career in human nutrition and dietetics. The programme will provide students with the opportunity to extend their knowledge and critical skills in human nutrition and to apply such methods and techniques in solving nutritional problems.
- PgD in Human Nutrition which extends over 1 year (part-time) plus Dietetic Professional Practice Module (2 months) plus 28 weeks of clinical placement (full-time)
Days/Time: 2 weekday evening lectures 7:00-10:00 pm; 1 Saturday afternoon lecture: 2:30-5:30 pm; plus 28 weeks of clinical placement (full-time)
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
- To be confirmed
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.