Hospitality, Tourism & Events Hospitality & Tourism Management
(1) Practical syllabus content and reinforcement of academic knowledge
Course content is structured with relevant case examples and scenario-based discussion to train future hospitality leaders.
This 30-hour programme is suitable for hotel/ hospitality top and middle management practitioners, such as:
-Revenue / Reservations managers
-Rooms division managers
-Food and beverage managers
(2) Train as a professional analytic hospitality executive
==> enhance competitiveness in job search +
==> strengthen job knowledge and skillset +
==> apply in the workplace immediately
==> Career advancement
(3) Experienced teacher
Ms DiDi Chan has over 20 years of hotel revenue management experience in different 5-star luxury hotels in Hong Kong (over 500 rooms capacities) and served as an integral part of the hotel management team responsible for leading the hotels’ e-commerce, revenue optimization and accomplishing competitive market share positioning to the properties. She has also taken the active leadership in strategic planning, marketing and budgetary.
(4) Financial Assistance:
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF).
Hotel revenue management analytics is cross-functional and cross-disciplinary. Revenue management is key to hotel business because hotel room has fixed capacity, perishable inventory, and time-variable demand. The team of reservation and front desk departments in hotels needs to learn the principles of revenue management regarding how to apply pricing and length-of-stay tools, manage overbooking, forecast demand, and measure the revenue management performance. Successful revenue management strategies hinge on the ability to forecast demand and to control room availability and length of stay. This practical knowledge also needs to disseminate and communicate to those working in other hotel departments, so that they can collaborate together towards the overall pricing strategies to maximize profitability.
This programme aims to prepare students such as general managers, revenue and finance managers, operations, sales, marketing and other hospitality practitioners to become a better analytic hospitality executive and succeed in this highly competitive and unpredictable hospitality landscape. This programme builds on the fundamental principles of pricing and revenue management to give students effective analytical tools and techniques to make strategic hotel pricing decisions, so as to elevate and fine-tune their approach to price manipulation, length of stay, demand and inventory control. Students will learn how to interpret and analyze various types of hotel industry data, evaluate revenue opportunities and make strategic decisions for sustained profitability based upon the analysis, benchmarking and performance reports.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOME
Discuss and evaluate the importance of data analytics in hotel revenue management;
Explain how to increase revenue by adapting prices to different market segments and fluctuating demand;
Critically analyse the hotel’s data and evaluate how analytics drive profitable and sustainable hotel performance; and
Review the revenue management system and assess the revenue management unit’s cross-departmental collaboration with other business units
- revenue and finance managers and directors, and other hospitality professionals responsible for improving the financial performance of their organizations;
- front desk managers, night auditors, and sales and marketing analysts who want to take on more responsibility for enhancing profitability in their properties;
- hotel industry professionals such as general managers, corporate staff, and departmental managers;
- those who aspire to hospitality management positions and need a solid foundation of revenue concepts.
This 9-credit programme will have 30 face-to-face lecture hours, and it includes some practical analytical exercises and case studies on revenue management in hotels.
Some of the key topics are outlined as follows:
1. Key concepts of hotel revenue management
- Evolution and importance of revenue management in hotel
- Terminilogy, glossary and metrics of revenue management
2. Data analytics and hotel revenue management system
- Data analytics: data collection, analysis and management
- Productive use of data visualization tools
3. Market segmentation and price optimization
- Customer decision making processes and booking behaviour
- Market trend and competitor analysis
4. Price sensitivity and pricing decisions
- Measure demand sensitivity to price changes
- Data analysis tools for forecasting and decision-making
- Channel management
5. Advanced analytics in revenue management
- Types of revenue analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive & prescriptive analytics
- Business insights: From reactive to proactive decision making]
6. Cross-departmental collaboration on revenue management
- The art of pricing communication strategies
- Effective communication and cooperation with other internal stakeholders
7. Revenue Management Assessment
- Insights from benchmarking and performance reports
- Issues and challenges in hotel revenue management
Two individual assessments (50% each) composing of short questions and case studies
On satisfactory completion of the programme, the Certificate for Module (Hotel Revenue Management Analytics) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Ms Didi Chan
- Revenue & Profit Optimization
- E-Commerce Diversification
- Systems and Inventory Control
- Strategic Planning
- Training & Development
- Finance, Budget, Forecast
- Pre-opening Project & Taskforce Management
- Having the revenue management analytics experience in cross-functional and cross-disciplinary teams, with active leadership in strategic planning, marketing and budgetary processes
- Thriving comprehensive pricing, inventory control management and revenue SOP framework to enhance performance effectiveness
- Managing the Training & Development of a 15-member Revenue, Distribution and Reservations team in a 5-star hotel with 500 room capacities.
- Performing as a revenue leader in a regional taskforce and pre-opening projects for a high-end luxury hotel
Mr Andrew Lau
- Revenue Optimization
- Strategy Formulation
- Distribution Management
- Strategic Pricing
- System Implementation
- Reservation, distribution & revenue management functions set-up for new hotels
- Budget Planning
- Data Analytics
- Marketing Planning
- Experienced hotelier specialized in revenue maximization strategy, channel distribution and marketing planning with experience in both group and hotel levels
- Led the revenue management and distribution of the Rosewood Hotel Group's hotels in Asia Pacific & Middle East and the Marco Polo Hotels for 10 years
- Part of the opening team for The Upper House and Island Shangri-La Hong Kong. worked with Island Shangri-La Hong Kong for 18 years since 1991 and earned his first revenue management title in 2001
|Application Code||2075-HT014A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
|1||22/03/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|2||29/03/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|3||12/04/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|4||19/04/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|5||26/04/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|6||03/05/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|7||10/05/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|8||17/05/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|9||24/05/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
|10||31/05/2023 (Wed)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||TBC|
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
30 hours / 10 Weeks (Normal)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
(i) hold a relevant bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(ii) hold a relevant Associate Degree / Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of related work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$9,000 per programme
(*The tuition fee is reviewed annually and is subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Hotel Revenue Management Analytics)
|COURSE CODE 43C13667A||FEES $9,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8408|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Hotel Revenue Management Analytics)
Online Application Apply NowEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Hospitality & Tourism Management