Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
Certificate for Module (Medical Law for Healthcare Professionals)
證書 (單元: 醫療法律 – 專業醫護須知)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 14 Sep 2022 (Wed)
- 10 weeks
- Course Fee
- HKD 9,200
The aim of this programme is to help participants understand local laws, regulations, guidance and enforcement actions that apply to various healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical products, Chinese medicines and medical devices. It also provides them with an overview of the Undesirable Medical Advertisements Ordinance and many controversial medico-legal topics including legal issues at the end-of-life, medical negligence, patient consent, confidentiality and capacity.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- evaluate the importance of existing regulatory framework of medical practice and other healthcare professionals
- discuss the impact of local laws, regulations, guidance and enforcement actions on pharmaceutical products, Chinese medicines, and medical devices in Hong Kong
- explain the fundamental concepts in controversial medico-legal topics
- apply the knowledge of the medico-legal topics in healthcare related professional activities
- Medical law and medical practice in Hong Kong
- Regulations of medical practice and other healthcare professionals in Hong Kong
- The regulation of pharmaceutical products (non-Chinese medicines / western medicines)
- The regulation of Chinese medicines
- The regulation of medical devices
- Undesirable medical advertisements ordinance
- The law at the end-of-life
- Medical negligence
- Patient consent, confidentiality and capacity
- Professional conduct and discipline
- Handling of Legal Cases
This programme will be delivered in 10 sessions which consists of 30 lecture hours.
Students are required to complete and pass all the assessments, including assignment and examination.
To be eligible for the award of the Certificate for Module (Medical Law for Healthcare Professionals), students are required to achieve 70% attendance of the programme and pass all the assessments.
|Application Code||2045-HS182A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Mr. Isaac Cheng, Practising Pharmacist cum Barrister-at-law (HK)
- Other qualified legal/allied health professionals
Applicants should have obtained
1) a bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related discipline, e.g., nursing, pharmacy, medicine, public health; OR
2) a higher diploma in a healthcare related discipline, e.g., nursing, dispensing, from a recognized post-secondary institution and two years' work experience; OR
3) equivalent qualifications.
Applicants who hold other qualifications, aged 21 or above, and have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HKD 9,200
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Medical Law for Healthcare Professionals)
|COURSE CODE 39C128612||FEES $9,200||ENQUIRY 3762-0096|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Medical Law for Healthcare Professionals)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed form, together with the application fee $150 and the following supporting documents* should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
- Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents by mobile phone is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
• in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
• by mailing to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Sheri Ip)
* Each application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card
- Photocopy of graduate certificate
Please note the following for programme/course enrolment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discounts, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Sheri Ip). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies