Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
This programme aims at introducing to students who are interested in the field of pharmaceutical and healthcare products logistics, the current industrial overview and operational concepts on supply chain and Good Distribution Practices (GDP) for pharmaceutical and healthcare products.
The rising demand for the pharmaceutical and healthcare products leads to doubling the size of the global pharmaceutical market in the past decade. The rapid growth of economy and living standards in Asia also drove up the sales volume of pharmaceutical and healthcare products in the region. In order to minimize the cost of production and to save the delivery time and distribution cost in the supply chain logistics, the pharmaceutical and healthcare product industry has shifted its production locations from US and Europe to Asia, especially South East Asia. Outsourcing to logistics service providers (LSPs) is obviously a practice used by major pharmaceutical and healthcare products companies due to better efficiency across the international supply chain network.
The programme will provide fundamental knowledge to the students so as to enable them to become well-qualified LSP staff upon completion of the programme.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Outline the current industrial practice in pharmaceutical and healthcare products supply chain;
- Identify the regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical and healthcare products logistics;
- Describe the quality assurance procedures in pharmaceutical and healthcare products supply chain; and
- Explain the basic concepts in supply chain and logistics for pharmaceutical and healthcare products.
This programme will cover :
- Supply Chain Strategies, Good Distribution Practices for Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Products
- Warehouse Management, Warehouse Facilities and Layout
- Material Handling and Technologies
- Inventory Management
- Cold Chain Management
- Pharmaceutical Laws and Administration
- Quality Assurance and Standards
Upon completion of the programme and pass the examination, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Products Logistics).
The assessment is a written examination of two hours.
|Application Code||2055-HS161A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Friday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 30 Lecture Hours
Applicants shall have attained:
1) a Certificate in a related discipline; OR
2) in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in five subjects including English Language; OR
3) in the HKCEE Level 2 / Grade E or above in English Language and four other subjects in Grade E or above; OR
4) equivalent qualifications.
Applicants who hold other qualifications, aged 21 or above and have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$4500
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Products Logistics)
|COURSE CODE 41C104047||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
Continuing Education Fund
CEF reimbursement requirements:
1) 50% PASSING MARK IN EXAM; and
2) ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: 70%.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Products Logistics)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Miss Maggie Ho)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
* Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
1. Cash, EPS, wechat pay or alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Miss Maggie Ho). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Course fees can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies