Engineering and Science Engineering
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a form of business process automation technology based on software robots such that organisations could apply RPA to relieve human workers of repetitive tasks. RPA emulates human interaction with a computer interface, such as spreadsheet or website, to automatically input data, collect and file information, and generally execute multi-step processes. With the adoption of RPA, organisations could improve productivity, efficiency and security. RPA technology also allows organisations to accurately and extensively gather data about task execution that can be employed for analytical purposes.
This programme provides comprehensive technical knowledge and skills on developing and deploying software robots in automation operations. It covers the basic concepts of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and further builds on these concepts to introduce the key RPA design and development strategies and methodologies specifically in the context of UiPath products. In addition to the theory component, students have to participate in practical exercises to design and develop software robots for a defined process with industry grade software tools (“UniPath RPA development tools”). The programme would also prepare students to sit for the examination of the industry-wide recognized professional qualification “UiPath RPA Associate v1.0”.
The programme consists of 45 lecture hours (15 lessons).
2. integrate the concepts and components of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in automation processes;
Upon successful completion of the programme, students who have passed the two practical assessments and final examination, and attendance requirements (70%) will be awarded with the Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation Design and Development) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Date / Time
Tuesday & Friday, 1 Nov – 20 Dec 2022, 7:00 - 10:00 pm (15 lessons)
The programme will be delivered via face-to-face lectures.
2. HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the programme.
3. Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary.
1. (a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in five subjects including English Language;
(b) hold a Diploma in Foundation Studies or equivalent qualification;
(c) hold a Diploma Yi Jin.
2. have at least 2 years of work experience
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$16500
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation Design and Development)
證書 (單元 : 機械人流程自動化設計與開發)
|COURSE CODE 34C140201||FEES $16,500||ENQUIRY 2587-3227|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation Design and Development)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to submit the following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre:
(i) Application fee HK$150 (non-refundable)
(ii) Application Form SF26
(iii) Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card 1
(iv) Copy of educational certificates and transcripts 1
(v) Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience1 (if any).
1 Original copy of the documents is required for true copy certification.
Applicants will be informed for the admission results after seven days of the submission deadline.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (AI Robotics and Vision Programming)