Architecture, Environment & Housing Architecture
Certificate for Module (Technical Application of Building Information Modelling in Architecture and Project Management)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- To be advised
- 3 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
Building Information Modeling (BIM) has become the must-know vocabulary within the construction industry. This programme will equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills of BIM application. The focus of the programme will be on the technical application of this tool.
This programme is suitable for professionals and technical personnel who will have a need in using the BIM tool to design, coordinate with consultants and prepare documentation for construction or government submission in their daily job. The programme will be delivered in the form of lectures, case studies and group exercises.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental theories of BIM in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry;
- Compare the potentials and limitations of various BIM software and techniques;
- Perform basic tasks with common BIM software;
- Apply hand-on skills to tackle practical problems in construction projects and real-life-scenarios.
- Introduction of BIM
- Fundamental theories of BIM. Implementation of BIM in different work stages
- Potentials and limitations of common BIM software in the market and their pros and cons
- Roles and scopes of work of different disciplines in a BIM project
- Introduction to Revit - Interface and workset, drawing and basic modelling
- Hand-on skills such as BIM model operation and extraction of information for tackling practical problems in construction projects and real-life-scenarios
- Construction documentation preparation and production with BIM
- Government submission with BIM
- BIM specifications for contractors and Industry standards
- Revit families by manufacturers / suppliers
- Current trend of BIM in Hong Kong and 4D BIM
- 5D BIM & Facility management in BIM
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Technical Application of Building Information Modelling in Architecture and Project Management)
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Mr. Paul MUI, BA(AS)(Hons) HKU, AA Dipl, ARB, RIBA, HKIA
- 12 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Type of Assessment
Use Revit Architecture to design and create a small house (individual assignment)
Use Revit Architecture to produce a set of tender drawings of the small house from assignment 1 (individual assignment)
Total : 100%
Applicants shall be building and construction personnel with basic knowledge in building and construction operation and workflow.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$5840
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Technical Application of Building Information Modelling in Architecture and Project Management)
|COURSE CODE 31C12707A||FEES $5,840||ENQUIRY 3762-0072|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Technical App of Building Infor Modelling in Architecture & Project Mgt)
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of