Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Diploma in Accounting and Business
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Oct 2020 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- 02-2021, 06-2021
- 1 year and 8 months to 4 years
- English (Supplemented with Cantonese)
- Course Fee
- HK$3,650 per module (Modules 1-4)
HK$4,150 per module (Modules 5-10)
Provides a very practical and all-round knowledge in financial accounting, costing, taxation, finance and auditing!!
Internationally recognised by a number of professional accounting organization (see professional path below).
All modules of the programme are CEF reimbursable.
Non-means-tested loans Scheme from Government. (Programme Code: B00600048)
Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000.
After CEF reimbursement, course fee per module is $730 and $830 respectively!
This programme is designed for working adults who aspire to acquire knowledge in the field of accounting. Graduates will have the necessary skills to allow them to support the work of professional accountants. Exemption from various professional examinations and university are granted to our graduates. Scholarships are available for students to pursue further accounting study.
- Better career path in accounting or related fields
- Practical and workplace knowledge
- Job opportunities
** Scholarships up to HK$7,300 for top students for further Accounting study!
**Our student won the Hong Kong Top Score Winner of the Paper F7& F8 with respect to ACCA June 2015 Exam sessions.
1. Professional Path
a ) ACCA (The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants)
- Full exemption on Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) leading to a suite of ACCA awards such as the CAT (Certified Accounting Technicians) Qualification and ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business offer a route into the ACCA Qualification, providing you with a development path , and you will be entitled to use the designatory letters CAT.
- Exemptions F1 - F3 from the ACCA;
b) AIA (The Association of International Accountants)
- Exemption of 4 professional examination papers;
c) CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- Exemption of 2 papers
2. Academic Path
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting - Up to 3 modules' exemptions;
- University of Hull Bachelor of Science (Hons) - Up to 9 modules' exemptions
This programme will assist graduates to acquire core accounting skills which will allow them to support the work of professional accountants. It suits those working adults who do not have prior accounting education and training.
Upon completion of 10 modules, an award of Diploma in Accounting and Business will be conferred. An intermediate award of “Certificate in Accounting and Business” will be conferred upon successful completion of the first 5 modules.
To complete the programme, students take 10 modules, each with 33 hours of lectures:
|1. Transaction Accounting #|
|2. Accountant in Business|
|3. Financial Accounting I|
|4. Cost Accounting I|
|5. Financial Accounting II|
|6. Cost Accounting II|
8. Auditing Practice and Procedure
|9. Managing Finances|
|10. Introduction to Hong Kong Business Law|
# Applicants with LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Accounting can submit applications for exemption from “Transaction Accounting” . Application fee for exemption: HK$500.
Days / Time
- Tue, Thu, Fri, 7:00pm - 10:15pm
- Students are expected to enrol 2 modules per semester, and be eligible to graduate in about one year and eight months. The maximum duration to complete the whole programme is 4 years.
Coming Modules offered in Oct 2020 intake*:
- Transaction Accounting ^ [Thursday evenings, commencement date: 8 Oct (Thurs) evenings]
- Accountant in Business^ [Tuesday evenings, commencement date: 6 Oct (Tue) evenings]
- Financial Accounting I^ [Thursday evenings, commencement date: 8 Oct (Thurs) evenings]
- Introduction to Hong Kong Business Law ^ [Friday evenings, commencement date: 9 Oct (Fri) evenings]
^Some classes are held at weekends in the morning/afternoon.
Coming Modules offered in Feb 2021 intake*:
- Transaction Accounting
- Financial Accounting I
- Managing Finances
* The above is tentative only and is provided to assist student's advanced planning, possible changes may be necessary due to teaching / Administrative reasons.
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 3 subjects, and Level 2 in Chinese Language and English Language*; or
- have gained in the HKDSE Level 2 in 5 subjects, including Chinese Language and English Language; or
- have successfully completed the Project Yi Jin; or
- be aged at least 18 with one year's relevant work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$3,650 per module (Modules 1-4)
HK$4,150 per module (Modules 5-10)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Accountant in Business (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06107-0||FEES $3,650||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Introduction to Hong Kong Business Law (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z08022-9||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Transaction Accounting (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06660-4||FEES $3,650||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Financial Accounting I (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06408-3||FEES $3,650||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Cost Accounting I (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06661-2||FEES $3,650||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Financial Accounting II (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06421-0||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Cost Accounting II (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06662-0||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Auditing Practice and Procedure (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06422-9||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Taxation (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06663-9||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Managing Finances (Module from Diploma in Accounting and Business Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06423-7||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Diploma in Accounting and Business
- Graduates of the Diploma in Accounting and Business programme will be exempted from up to three subjects in the Professional Examinations of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Graduates are eligible for full exemption from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Foundations in Accountancy (FIA). Graduates will be entitled for the Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Qualification if they register as a student for FIA, complete the online module, “Foundations in Professionalism” and have one year’s relevant working experience.
- Students with the Certificate in Accounting and Business awarded by HKU SPACE and passing one of the three examinations (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting or Accountant in Business) of ACCA will be awarded “Diploma in Accounting and Business” by ACCA.
- Up to 4 papers' exemption from AIA.
- Up to 2 Papers' exemption from CIMA Professional Examination.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of