Accounting & Finance Finance and Compliance
This programme is suitable for financial services executives who...
This programme is suitable for financial services executives who...
In recent years, Financial Crime has hit the headlines, and the spotlight is firmly on compliance. Money launderers and terrorists engage in money laundering activities through the use of various techniques to disguise funds obtained from illegal activities including drug trafficking, corruption, tax evasion and fraud.
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) is an established global qualification that outlines the key principles of money laundering, and how to prevent it. Individuals and teams can be certified as Anti-Money Laundering Specialists after they have learned the adequate knowledge in this aspect.
This course is collaborated with Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
About the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
ACAMS is established in 2001 and is the largest international membership organization that provides protection for organizations in the rapidly changing and increasingly complex field of anti-money laundering (AML). The organization provides resources for financial institutions and related businesses that enable them to train, identify and locate specialists in money laundering control policies, procedures & regulations. ACAMS has over 80,000 members in 180 countries and offers extensive resources that help them achieve superior job performance and career advancement.
The mission of ACAMS :
- To develop AML and anti-financial crime professions via Certifications
- To build up a comprehensive and transparent anti-money laundering capability system for institutions
- Committed to the study of international standards for anti-money laundering and anti-financial crimes
- To build up an international and domestic interactive platform to cooperate, promote and share international experience.
Students who earn the CAMS designation reap multiple benefits, including:
- Increasing their professional value through better understanding of financial crime detection and prevention techniques.
- Protecting their institution from money laundering threats and minimize financial crime risks.
- Meeting mandated AML training requirements through preparation and study.
- Provide their AML expertise to examiners and regulators.
The programme structure follows the exam syllabus plus practical real cases sharing from the lecturers. The programme consists of one module and the syllabus is as follows. It comprises 12 contact hours with lectures.
- Risks and Methods of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing
- Compliance Standards for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Financial of Terrorism (CFT)
- AML, CFT and Sanctions compliance programs
- Conducting and Supporting the Investigation Process
Mr. Aub Chapman
CAMS-Audit, Director, Aub Chapman Consulting Services
Prior to his retirement, Mr. Chapman was a career banker with over 42 years of professional experience.
In his last role at Westpac Banking Corporation, he was responsible for managing a number of functions including Group Fraud Control, Physical Security, Business Continuity Services, Cash and ATM Services as well as managing the group’s compliance with AML/CTF legislation.
Since his retirement, Mr. Chapman has been consulting in both the public and private sectors, not only in Australia, but also internationally.
He specialises in controls against financial crime and management of cash services. His international experience includes assignments for the United Nations, the Asian Development Bank, The Eurasian Group on Money Laundering (on behalf of the FSVC), Bank Negara Malaysia, Institut Bank-Bank Malaysia and the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority. He has been a guest speaker at a number of international AML/CTF conferences and international conferences associated with the cash services industry.
Mr. Chapman is a foundation member and Co-Chair of the ACAMS Australiasian Chapter, a member of the ACAMS Education Task Force and received the ACAMS AML Professional of the Year award in 2009. Mr. Chapman is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and a certified CAMS-Audit member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS). He is a member of the ACAMS Education Taskforce and is a member of the CAMS and CAMS-Audit instructor faculties and is also a member of the Advanced Certification Review Board.
At the ACAMS 8th International Anti-Money Laundering Conference held in Las Vegas on 29 September to 2 October 2009, Aub received the prestigious ACAMS AML Professional of the Year award.
Mr. Chapman is also a Fellow of Blockchain Australia and a member of Australian Digital Commerce Association’s AML Committee which (amongst other tasks) assesses eligible Digital Currency Exchanges for certification.
Mr. SK Lee
SK Lee is currently the Chief Compliance Officer of RD Wallet Technologies Limited, which is a fintech company providing innovative solutions for payments amongst local and overseas corporate customers. He is also acting as a Consultant in ZA International.
Before taking up the current roles, he was the Senior Executive in Business Development focusing on the Greater Bay Area, and the Head of Financial Crime Compliance in Hang Seng Bank Limited during 2014 to 2020. He also spent 9 years in Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited performing various compliance roles and the last position was the Head of Compliance in Retail Clients. During 1996 to 2006, SK worked in the Hong Kong Monetary Authority in both Banking Supervision and Banking Policy Departments.
SK is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified AML Professional (CAMLP), and a member of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (MHKSI). He also holds Master degrees in law (LLM, Common Law, CUHK), in banking (MSc Banking, CityU) and Asian Studies (MA, HKU), and Bachelor degrees in Public & Social Administration (BA(Hons) PSA, CityU) and law (LLB, MMU UK).
March 2023 Schedule
|1||18 March 2023 (Sat)||10:00 am - 1:00 pm; 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Online|
|2||25 March 2023 (Sat)||10:00 am - 1:00 pm; 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Face to Face|
For Lecture 2, the venue will be our Hong Kong Island Campus.
- Course Fee : HK$3900 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Finance and Compliance