BusinessHospitality, Tourism & Events
Executive Certificate in Event Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 29 Jan 2018 (Mon)
- 2 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
As Asia's leading meetings and convention destination, Hong Kong boasts a packed calendar of events of all sizes. Different industries, charitable organisations, and interest groups hold events to market themselves, build business partnerships, raise money, or celebrate achievement.
This Programme is designed to sharpen students' skills and knowledge for the fast-paced and exciting event industry. It combines event management theory with a focus on practical application by sharing the wealth of practitioner experience of our industry professionals.
The course will give students an understanding of the nature of events, complexities of event management, event logistics and operations, the use of digital media for events, the impacts of events, the unique challenges and future trends of event management. Key concepts will be introduced via lectures, supplemented by guest speakers on case studies in real-life situations such as the following:
- travel exhibitions
- fashion events
- corporate incentives
- association conferences
- charity functions
- wedding planning
- sports events
Upon satisfactory completion of the programme including submission of the group report, students will be awarded “Executive Certificate in Event Management” within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
- Ms Angela Sue, Manager, Sales & Distribution (Overseas & MICE), Ngong Ping 360 (specialist in delivering MICE events of different scales from overseas)
- Ms Esther Tang, Manager, Operations, Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) (specialist in enticing buyers to choose Hong Kong as the host destination for their MICE events)
- Ms Jane Middlemiss, CEO, The JEM Group (specialist in supporting new business startups and charitable projects)
- Ms Pinky Chau, Marketing Communications Professional (specialist in events management for high fashion brands in Hong Kong and China including Burberry, Tory Burch and Giorgio Armani)
- Ms Portia Hau, Director, Liberty Hong Kong (specialist in organising conferences for associations and incentive travel events for direct selling companies like Amway, USANA)
- Mr Wong Hoi Kuen, Executive Director, Creative Trend (specialist in arranging exchange programs for Hong Kong Education Bureau, marketing special events for airlines, tourism boards and other commercial enterprises)
- Scoping the Event Industry
- Event Conceptualising and Design
- Event Management
- Event Logistics
- Events and Digital Media
- Measuring Event Impacts
- Future Issues in Event Management
|1||29 Jan 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|2||31 Jan 2018||(Wed)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|3||5 Feb 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|4||12 Feb 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|5||26 Feb 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|6||27 Feb 2018||(Tue)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|7||19 Mar 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|8||20 Mar 2018||(Tue)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|9||26 Mar 2018||(Mon)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
|10||27 Mar 2018||(Tue)||7:00 - 10:00pm|
- The programme team reserves the right to change the above timetable if necessary.
- The course is subjects to sufficient enrolment.
Applicants shall hold:
(i.) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(ii.) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(iii) relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Live Entertainment and Event Management Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Festival and Event Management Advanced Diploma in Live Entertainment, Festival and Event Management Executive Certificate in Fundraising Event Management Executive Diploma in Fundraising Event Management