To strengthen support for students and to enhance effectiveness, an element of voluntary submission of assignment (a past paper question) is introduced in the upcoming prep courses. Students’ submissions will be marked and commented on by the course teachers.
What is Hong Kong Conversion Examination for PCLL Admission?
Intending candidates holding non-Hong Kong law degrees or equivalent qualifications acceptable for the Hong Kong Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) admission are required to demonstrate their competence in nine Core Subjects and three Top-up Subjects, as prescribed by the Standing Committee on Legal Education and Training, before they are eligible to apply for the PCLL programmes offered by the three local law schools. Competences in some of these Core Subjects— Commercial Law (Parts A, B and C); Evidence; Business Associations-- missing from a candidate’s law qualification curriculum and in the three required Top-up Subjects— Hong Kong Constitutional Law; Hong Kong Legal System; Hong Kong Land Law— can be obtained by passing the relevant subjects in the Hong Kong Conversion Examination for PCLL Admission.
Where can I find the examination details?
Examinations in these subjects will be offered twice a year. For details, please download the Information Package from the Conversion Examination website: (http://www.pcea.com.hk). Examination enquiries can be made to the PCLL Conversion Examination Board, c/o PCLL Conversion Examination and Administration Limited. (Telephone: 3761‑1123; Email: email@example.com).
Is course attendance required?
While a candidate is not required to attend any course in order to pass any of these examinations, proper tuition and guided revision will greatly increase the chance of passing.
Modules & Class Details
Fee & Entry Requirements
Any intending candidate of the Conversion Examination may enroll. You may either be:
- A student who has completed a non-local law degree which is acceptable for the purpose of PCLL admission; or
- A student who is pursuing a non-local law degree which is acceptable for the purpose of PCLL admission.
- HK$2,600 (Hong Kong Legal System)
HK$3,200 (Hong Kong Constitutional Law)
HK$2.900 (Commercial Law Part C)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online. Please note that your course enrollment will only be confirmed and completed after you have settled your online payment.
- Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the "APPLY NOW" to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Please download the latest timetable from HERE.
Course Title (Online Preparatory Courses for PCLL Admission Conversion Exams)
|COML9112 Hong Kong Legal System||$2,600 APPLY NOW|
|COML9113 Hong Kong Constitutional Law||$3,200 APPLY NOW|
|2155-1956 NW||COML9114 Commercial Law Part C||$2,900 APPLY NOW|
2. Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
If you apply offline at our HKU SPACE enrolment counters you can pay using either
In Person / Mail
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid in cash or WeChat Pay or by EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card no. (if applicable). You may either:
- bring the completed SF26 enrolment form, together with the appropriate course fee in the form of a cheque to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying 'Course Application' on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including "HKU SPACE Mastercard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment for courses with a tuition fee of HK$2,000 to $40,000. The cardholder must also be the course applicant himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any of the enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable or transferable.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for $30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE". Such copies will normally only be issued at the end of a course.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.