Architecture, Environment & Housing Construction, Safety & Built Environment
Postgraduate Certificate in Building Engineering
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Sep 2021 (Mon)
- 6 months
- Course Fee
- HK$26,200 (non-refundable)
The Postgraduate Certificate in Building Engineering is an approved top-up programme in meeting the academic requirements for Membership in the Building Discipline of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)*.
The programme aims to equip students with necessary engineering knowledge and technical competencies to solve problems and make engineering decisions in the construction processes of complex building projects.
* It is the applicant's responsibility to confirm with the relevant professional institution for his/her eligibility for application of the professional membership.
(1) (a) hold a bachelor’s degree in the building discipline awarded by a recognized university; or
(b) have gained a pass in the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Part II Examination.
(2) provide evidence of English language proficiency if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or
a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3; or
v. Equivalent qualifications.
(3) have at least two years of relevant work experience in the construction industry.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$26,200 (non-refundable)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Programme Application (Application code: 1945-HB011A)
Each applicant is required to provide a personal statement (around 150 words) to support his/her application. The statement should give a succinct account of the applicant’s professional background, and a self-evaluation of his/her suitability to take the programme.
Completed application form, SF26, together with copies of academic certificates and/or professional qualifications, proven records of Use of English and one non-refundable crossed cheque of HK$200 payable to "HKU SPACE" as the application fee by post to Postgraduate Certificate in Building Engineering, HKU SPACE, 11/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. (Attn: Ms. Nicole Tsoi)
Applicants may choose to apply the programme through the School's online application system. Applicants are reminded to upload the required documents listed above if applying through the online application system.
- More Programmes of
- Construction, Safety & Built Environment