Architecture, Environment & Housing Construction, Safety & Built Environment
The programme is an approved top up course in meeting the academic requirements for the Corporate Membership in the Building Discipline of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)*.
The programme is designed for part-time study of around 6 months. Classes will normally be scheduled for two weeknights per week, from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.. In addition to normal lectures, there are non-lecture activities such as laboratory sessions that may be scheduled on weekends
The School reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the programme as appropriate.
* It is the applicant’s responsibility to confirm with relevant professional institution(s) his/her eligibility for application of the professional membership(s).
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$200 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$28,500 (non-refundable)
(1) (a) hold a bachelor’s degree in the building discipline awarded by a recognized university; or
(b) have gained a pass in the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Part II Examination.
(2) provide evidence of English language proficiency if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or
a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3; or
v. Equivalent qualifications.
(3) have at least two years of relevant work experience in the construction industry.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Programme Application (Application code: 2175-HB011A)
Please send the following documents by post to “Postgraduate Certificate in Building Engineering, HKU SPACE, 11/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. (Attn: Ms Wylie Wan)”:
- Completed application form, i.e. SF26 form;
- a personal statement (around 150 words) to support his/her application. The statement should give a succinct account of the applicant’s professional background, and a self-evaluation of his/her suitability to take the programme;
- copies of academic certificates and/or professional qualifications
- proven records of Use of English;
- one non-refundable crossed cheque of HK$200 payable to "HKU SPACE" as the application fee.
Applicants may choose to apply the programme through the School's online application system. Applicants are reminded to upload the required documents listed above if applying through the online application system.
- More Programmes of
- Construction, Safety & Built Environment