Business & Management Business Management
Demand for good managers is always on the increase in Hong Kong. Government research suggests that the number of managerial personnel needed in all sectors of the Hong Kong economy will grow by 65,000 from 2010 to 2018. Browsing through the main job sites in Hong Kong, it is clear that management is the category that offers by far the most positions. Leading companies are increasingly competing to win over good management executives with attractive remuneration packages. This Postgraduate Diploma aims to equip students to capitalise on these opportunities within these trends.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Middle to senior level people in:
The programme aims to develop students into professional managers who can readily apply themselves to modelling and resolving complex business and management issues in their workplace as well as being able to plan and execute according to corporate objectives. Students will be equipped with a body of latest management knowledge of major business disciplines to deal with opportunities and challenges of the rapid and evolving changes of the Chinese economy – one that is going to be based on knowledge and technological advancement. Finally, an emphasis will be placed on the development of practical knowledge and its effective transfer as well as imparting participants with the best industry practices and managerial competence.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Practicing Management and Business Strategy
- Equity Design and Corporate Governance
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Financial Statements and Analysis
- Talent Development Management
- Legal Environments & Intellectual Property Rights
- Agile Project Management
- Transformational and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Innovation and Business Models
- Business Analytics for Decision Making
- Final Project
Upon completion of the above modules, students will be awarded within HKU System through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Integrated and Practicing Management. Meanwhile, only one module will be offered each month.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Integrate and apply management knowledge and technique gained from the programme modules;
- Evaluate critically complex business landscapes and incorporate the information in strategic planning;
- Design and implement effective management measures for sustainable corporate growth;
- Design and establish high standards in corporate governance and talent management programmes;
- Plan and operate business with clear focus on sustainable growth, profitability and vision;
- Demonstrate the necessary strategic competence on an executive level.
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Sunday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$88,000 (to be paid in two instalments)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
Copy of HKID Card#;
Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management