Social Sciences Education
電話: 2975 5685(梁小姐)
This programme aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to become effective programme planners, and trainers in adult and vocational education institutions, teachers of post-secondary education colleges, as well as human development personnel in corporations and businesses.
This programme is suitable for Trainers in commerce, industry and public sectors; Teachers in vocational, technical, professional, community and adult education; Personnel involved in programme management, administration and human resources development. The course is open to applicants without prior teaching or training experience.
- HKU SPACE is the only tertiary education institution in HK with programme offerings in adult training and vocational education
- This programme targets participants who wish to gain knowledge and skills related to design, implementation and management of effective adult learning experience
- Suitable for trainers, teachers in post-secondary and vocational education and personnel involved in programme management and development
- Comprehensive and updated curriculum
- Teaching team composed of senior trainers and university guest lecturers
- Open to applicants without prior teaching or training experience
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 7:00pm (Saturday or Sunday )
- 14 Months
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre ( Admiralty / Fortress Hill / North Point )
Module 1: Academic Writing and Study Skills Workshop*(2 lessons)
Module 2: Principles of Adult and Vocational Education (5 lessons)
Module 3: Training Needs Analysis and Organization Learning (5 lessons)
Module 4: Training Strategies, Curriculum Design and Planning (5 lessons)
Module 5: Assessment and Evaluation (5 lessons)
Module 6: Contemporary Approaches and Issues in Vocational Education (5 lessons)
Module 7: Technology in Vocational Education (5 lessons)
Module 8: Teaching Skills in Adult Training and Effective Learning (5 lessons)
Module 9: Training Delivery Skills Laboratory (5 lessons)
* non-credit bearing module. Exemption will be granted to students who can provide evidence of having acquired such skills in their prior learning.
All modules of the programme will be assessed by individual assignments or group projects, depending on the nature of the module.
For the Academic Writing and Study Skills Workshop, there will only be continuous assessment on an individual portfolio of 4 short pieces of writing
Remarks:The minimum attendance requirement is 80%.
Upon completion of Modules 1 - 5, students may exit with Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Training and Vocational Education.
Upon completion of Modules 1 – 9, students will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Training and Vocational Education
(本課程屬香港資歷架構課程 QF Level 6；課程按香港大學體制，經香港大學專業進修學院頒授)
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognised institution. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$43,000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Training and Vocational Education
|COURSE CODE 35G127652||FEES $43,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5685/ 2508-8867|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Training and Vocational Education
Applicants should complete the enrolment form and submit copies of academic certificates with application fee. Application materials should be sent to the following address:
Payment method will be informed to applicant after acceptance.