Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Transformation and Business Strategy
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- to be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
The Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Transformation and Business Strategy (DTBS) programme is to equip its students with the latest knowledge and skillsets in the professional field so that they will be able to build up their companies’ competitive competencies in the following four strategic areas:
Decision Making, Connectivity, Innovation, and Automation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Company Managers and Executives
- Business Consultants
- Technology/Solution Vendors
- Government Agency Executives
The programme aims to train students to recognise and understand the 4 key areas of digital transformation: Decision Making; Connectivity; Innovation and Automation. Students will be equipped with the latest knowledge and tools pertaining to these areas. They will be able to recognise the technologies and trends which are relevant to their business, conduct analysis on the current situation and draft plans for future actions. The students will also be able to articulate the key factors involved in carrying out those action plans successfully.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Business Thinking and Digital Economy
- Business Strategy in the Digital Age
- Business Intelligence and Data-driven Decision Making
- Digital Supply Chain Management
- Management of Customer Experience in the Digital Realm
- Open Innovation and Business Competence
- Agile Management and Innovation
- Cognitive Technologies and Process Efficiency
- Digital Organisation Capabilities
- Digital Legal, Policy and Ethical Issues
- Final Project
Upon completion of the above modules, students will be awarded within HKU System through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Transformation and Business Strategy. Meanwhile, only one module will be offered each month.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Analyse the key drivers in the digital economy in order to assist business transformation;
- Distinguish the concerns of the key stakeholders in the business digitalization process;
- Analyse in depth the key digital considerations involved in the management of customers and suppliers so as to enhance the cooperation effectiveness;
- Select appropriate tools in the digitalization process of business for effective decision making based on emerging digital technologies;
- Enhance decision-making process performance through digitization;
- Evaluate the use and effectiveness of digital transformation in business strategy and make new recommendation.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Sunday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$70000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Attn: Ms. Candy Wo
Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
Copy of HKID Card#;
Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.