Business & Management Business Management
This programme is for C-level executives from various industries.
The programme aims to provide systematic and professional trainings to the senior management of an organization. Through drawing on overseas experience in business growth and expansion strategies, brand management and personnel management, the students would be able to maximize returns on the enterprise resources, balance the risks involved and take into account the corporate social responsibility and business ethics and ultimately the operations and management of an organization at international level would be developed.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Critically analyse both the internal and external environments for the organisation, and establish strategies in line with the organisational needs of international development;
- Through drawing on experience in global operations, establish appropriate measures for all major areas of an organisation to enhance returns on its local or multinational business;
- Apply risk management concepts related to international operations, and establish proposals to foster the healthy development of organisations;
- Design a corporate governance system to integrate the concepts of corporate social responsibility and business ethics;
- Collect, integrate and analyze data for the organisation in formulating and implementing global operations and management strategies;
- Utilise cutting-edge business knowledge to build good internal and external relationships with business partners, society and public.
Modules & Class Details
The programme consists of 9 modules:
1. Innovation Strategy for Corporate Expansion
2. M&A and Corporate Restructuring
3. Corporate Competency and Organisation Design
4. Risk Management
5. Corporate Governance and Compliance Management
6. Diversity and Cross-cultural Management
7. Innovation and Co-opetition Boundary
8. International Expansion and Business Negotiations
9. Final Project
Students who successfully complete all the 9 credit-bearing modules and pass the assessment, will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a “Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Expansion and Risk Management” .
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 8 years relevant work experience. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$348,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
8/F, T.T.Tsui Building,
The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, H.K.
Attn: Ms Alice Liu
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management