Business & Management Human Capital and Leadership
Postgraduate Diploma in Organisation and Human Resource Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- To be advised
- 12 months
- Course Fee
This programme provides students with systematic and comprehensive knowledge in organisation and human resource theories and practices. This will enable them to meet the demand on strategic talent management for the organisation in response to changes in environment, different characteristics and needs of the organisation. Students will be able to develop strategic staffing plans, employee motivation and skills development programmes for enhancing employee engagement and improving organisational effectiveness in meeting long-term organisational development objectives. Students will also be able to map out implementation details of the plans and programmes.
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Directors/Managers;
- Senior managers who intend or expect to assume the responsibility of a HRD in a short medium term;
- Managers responsible for managing an important area of HRD ;
- HR consultants and management consultants whose work involves rethinking the strategy, structure and management of human resources.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- High Performance HRM
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Development
- Reward Management
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement and Communication
- Organisational Effectiveness
- Diversity and Inclusion Management
- Engaged Dialogue and Workplace Counselling
- HR Analytics
- Final Project
Upon completion of the above modules, students will be awarded within HKU System through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Organisation and Human Resource Management. Meanwhile, only one module will be offered each month.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Critically analyse theories on organisation and human resource management;
2. Apply relevant theories and expertise to resolve organisation and HR issues and enhance the quality of management;
3. Develop organisation development and talent management strategies in response to changes in environment and to meet the long-term needs of the organisation;
4. Manage the organisation with different internal cultural diversities and enhance the overall leadership capability;
5. Apply theories and practices in change management to enhance organisation capability in dealing with change and in enhancing employee engagement.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Sunday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognised institution with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$70,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
10/F., T. T. Tsui Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: Ms. Vivian Leung
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card#;
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital and Leadership