Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Nursing Studies and Healthcare
**Update on HKU SPACE Vaccine Pass and Campus Access (Phase Three from 31 May 2022)**
The programme is designed to equip nurses with specialist knowledge and clinical skills in renal nursing through lectures, skills training classes, site visit and placement. The course content will cover renal disorders, application of peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis include Arterial Vascular Access and care management of a patient with acute and chronic renal failure.
With the advanced technology in medical diagnostic and screening tests on renal disorders, registered nurses are expected to continue their clinical update. The programme will equip nurses with specialist knowledge and clinical skills in renal nursing with the aim of preparing them to take up the role of Advanced Practice Nurse in a general hospital setting or in community based renal centres. The programme focuses on epidemiology, comprehensive and focused assessment of patients with renal condition, medical approach to treatment and care, handling and application of dialysis; clinical management of patients with different stages of renal condition in hospital, community- based renal centres and or home care.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
Acquire specialist knowledge on renal disorders in nursing practice ;
Conduct nursing assessment on patients with acute and chronic renal disorders ;
Implement evidence based nursing care to patients with renal disorders ;
Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams and assist patients cope with problems arising from renal disorders; and
Implement psychosocial care to patients with chronic renal disorders and their families.
There are 2 major components:
Anatomy and Physiology
Renal Disorders and Related Treatment
Pharmacological Aspect in Renal Disorders
Nursing Management of Patients with Renal Disorders
Students are required to spend a total of 80 hours on clinical observation during the clinical practicum.
A minimum of 70% attendance of the theoretical component and full attendance of the clinical component
Written report based on the outcomes of health assessment
On successful completion of the programme, the students will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Renal Nursing within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Recommended CNE points: 124
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- 30 meetings
Registered Nurses (General) registered with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong with at least 1 year of post-registration experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$20,000 + Clinical practicum fee (Subject to revision)
Note: Students may purchase professional indemnity insurance on their own.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Professional Certificate in Renal Nursing
|COURSE CODE 41K107770||FEES $20,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5688|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Certificate in Renal Nursing
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- in person, at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre, application form should be submitted together with the below supporting documents and application fee.
- by post, application form should be sent together with the below supporting documents and application fee either in the form of a crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to HKU SPACE.
- A Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- A Copy of your Certificate of Registration (Issued by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong);
- A Copy of your Practising Certificate (Issued by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong); and
- Proof of work.
All forms should be sent to Food, Nutrition and Healthcare (Attn.: Ms Iris Chiu), 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong. Please indicate Application for "the programme you are applying" on the cover of the envelope.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Nursing Studies and Healthcare