Architecture, Environment & Housing Housing & Property
The programme provides a professional qualification in housing management. It provides a firm grounding in the theory and practice of housing management. The standard and content of the programme and its examination are designed to be the equivalent of the Professional Qualification of the Chartered Institute of Housing, Asian Pacific Branch and the Hong Kong Institute of Housing.
^ Specified Academic Qualification for PMP (Tier 1) Licence by the PMSA
^ Accredited Course by CIHAPB as Chartered Member
^ Accredited Course by HKIH as Full Member
- Housing studies
- Management studies
- Building studies
- Legal studies
- Social studies
Assessment is based on coursework and examination.
|Application Code||2145-HB001A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 2 or 3 years part-time
(Applicants had a recognized degree will be considered for direct entry to Year 2.)
- Communication Studies
- Property Law and Practices in Property Management
- Financial Practices in Property Management
- Human Factors in Property Management Practices
- Business Management in Housing Organizations
- Foundations in Building Maintenance
- Business Writing in Chinese 中文商務寫作
- Communication Block Course
- Management Issues in Property Management
- Building Maintenance Management
- General Principles of Law
- Introduction to Facilities Management
- Housing Studies: Concepts, Framework and Policy
- Building Technology
- Land and Property Law
- Human Resources Management
- Research Project
- Customer Services and Relations
- Housing Finance and Accounting Management
- Property Law and Ordinance
- Property Management Issues and Practices
- Building Inspection and Contract Management
Optional Subjects: (choose two)
- Shopping Centre Management
- Property Valuation
- Smart Technology in Property Management
+Course delivery schedule should be referred to the final timetable. Online lectures will be conducted for selected modules each for Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 respectively.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- function as a professional housing manager effectively and efficiently;
- develop management capability in the aspects of housing management;
- demonstrate skills and knowledge in housing management practices including effectively communicate with housing customers and manage their needs on different types of housing services;
- explain the housing policy and the statutory requirement of housing management;
- plan on continuous improvement of housing management service standard.
Upon successful completion of the programme and pass the assessment, students will be awarded within HKU system through HKUSPACE a Professional Diploma in Housing Management. Students can apply and exit with an intermediate award "Diploma in Property Management" upon completion of Year 1 with 72 credits.
For entry to Year 1, applicants shall:
(i) have satisfied the minimum University entrance requirement; or
(ii) hold a post-secondary diploma awarded by a post secondary institution; or
(iii) hold a Certificate in Property Management (previously known as Advanced Certificate in Property Management) with grade C in 3 or more modules, awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
* For direct entry to Year 2, applicants shall:
(i) hold a recognized degree; or
(ii) hold an Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
(iii) hold the Property Management Practitioner (PMP) Licence, (Tier 2) under Property Management Services Authority (PMSA)
Applicants with other qualifications or 5 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years at the managerial level in the industry will be considered on individual merit.
Individual applicant(s) may be required to take an English written test /or attend an interview as appropriate.
[ *Subject to the final decision by the Admission Committee. ]
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- For 2023/2024 course fee:
Year 1: HK$29,700
Year 2: HK$40,800
Year 3: HK$40,800
Block Course: HK$4,810
(For candidates directly entered into Year 2, they need to pay the Block Course fee.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Property Law and Practices in Property Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Housing Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z15016A||FEES $5,100||ENQUIRY 2508-8819 / 2508-8820 / 2508-8805|
|Land and Property Law (Module from Professional Diploma in Housing Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z150178||FEES $5,100||ENQUIRY 2508-8819 / 2508-8820 / 2508-8805|
|Property Law and Ordinance (Module from Professional Diploma in Housing Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z150186||FEES $5,100||ENQUIRY 2508-8819 / 2508-8820 / 2508-8805|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Housing Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Completed application form, SF 26 (for applicants who apply Year I and direct entry to Year II) should be accompanied by:
- copies of relevant certificates or diplomas;
- letter(s) of recommendation from employers or academic personnel;
- supplementary form D1 and D2 (on page 16 - 17 of brochure);
- one non-refundable crossed cheque of HK$200 payable to "HKU SPACE" as the application fee.
Applicants may choose to apply the programme through the School's online application system. Applicants are reminded to upload the required documents listed above if applying through the online application system.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.