Social Sciences Political Sciences and Public Administration
Senior Executive Diploma in Political Leadership
- Jointly Organized by
Path of Democracy
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- about 10 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$28,000 per programme
*(1) who have obtained their first degree within the last 5 years; or
*(2) who have special financial needs.
Applicants who apply for the said sponsorship must submit the application letter with supporting academic/financial proofs, and meet the graduation requirements for the certificate award of Senior Executive Diploma in Political Leadership.
In order to improve the quality of governance in Hong Kong, it is important to first improve the quality of the politicians. This executive programme is a specialized course developed and offered jointly by the Path of Democracy and HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education (HKU SPACE), which aims to train and develop young political leaders to meet the needs and unique political situation in Hong Kong.
Days / Time
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Saturday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Remarks on Days/Time: Class(es) might be scheduled on other weekday evenings and/or afternoons of Saturdays and Sundays in some special occasions.
This module aims to build up networking abilities and practical concepts of the participants as well as actual participation in dialogues with various political stakeholders in Hong Kong and if possible, elsewhere. A wide range of selected political problems and public policy issues that are related to the four inter-related themes delivered in Module 1 will be covered that help build up specific policy understanding, skills and applications.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- be mature students holding recognized professional qualifications.
English will generally be the medium of instruction, supplemented with Cantonese when necessary. Applicants are expected to be proficient and expressive in English.
- Course Fee : HK$28,000 per programme (excluding field trip expenses)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Academic certificates and transcripts;
Professional certificates (if any);
HKID card or Passport;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme) and
- a crossed cheque made payable to "Path of Democracy Limited" (the cheque will be cashed in ONLY when the application is successful).
*Certified true copies: Applicants will be required to present the original certificates and transcripts at the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres for verification.
- More Programmes of
- Political Sciences and Public Administration