Social Sciences Political Sciences and Public Administration
Very high quality: (1) prominent guest speakers, every of them is among the top experts in their field; (2) very well structured program, covered almost all essential areas of political areas.
Best quality of lecturers, the course length is perfectly alright!
The 4 modules well covered the areas that I would like to learn. The course provided sufficient time for exchange the ideas among the students and with the lecturers.
Able to learn from valuable lecturers and meet great peers.
Teaching not only theories, but also sharing actual cases!
Days / Time
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Saturday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Remarks on Days/Time: Class(es) might be scheduled on other weekday evenings and/or afternoons of Saturdays and Sundays in some special occasions.
Modules & Class Details
This module aims to build up networking abilities and practical concepts of the participants as well as actual participation in dialogues with various political stakeholders in Hong Kong and if possible, elsewhere. A wide range of selected political problems and public policy issues that are related to the four inter-related themes delivered in Module 1 will be covered that help build up specific policy understanding, skills and applications.
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Course Fee : HK$29,500 per programme (excluding field trip expenses)
Scholarship for applicants who meet the criteria* and approved by Path of Democracy Sponsorship Committee may receive half-tuition scholarships
*(1) who have obtained their first degree within the last 5 years; or
*(2) who have special financial needs.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- be mature students holding recognized professional qualifications.
English will generally be the medium of instruction, supplemented with Cantonese when necessary. Applicants are expected to be proficient and expressive in English.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Academic certificates and transcripts;
Professional certificates (if any);
HKID card or Passport;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and work experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme) and
- a crossed cheque made payable to "Path of Democracy Limited" (the cheque will be cashed in ONLY when the application is successful).
*Certified true copies: Applicants will be required to present the original certificates and transcripts at the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres for verification.
- More Programmes of
- Political Sciences and Public Administration