What's Happening Events
【Session 1】Understanding of Child Development from Age 6 to 12 || 【Session 2】Practical Ways in Supporting Your Child's Learning at Home || 【Session 3】Understanding the Hong Kong Education System and Strengthening Home-school Co-operation
Thanks for your participation!
The above event has been completed successfully. Please look forward to the upcoming events.
Want to read more about the event recap?
- Date & time
25Feb 2023 (Sat)14:00 - 16:00 To25Mar 2023 (Sat)14:00 - 16:00
Objectives of Parent Education Talk
1. To enhance the awareness of the NCS parents on the importance of their children’s learning and mastery of the Chinese Language in further studies and career development;
2. To enhance NCS parents’ understanding of the Hong Kong education system and introduce the multiple pathways for NCS students;
3. To help NCS parents better support their children in learning and social aspects in collaboration with their schools.
Series II (Primary school level)—— Includes 3 Sessions
*Includes 3 Sessions on 25/2, 11/3, and 25/3, 2023
*On Saturday afternoon, 14:00-16:00
*A Statement of Attendance will be issued to participants who have successfully attained the required attendance.
Session 1: Understanding of Child Development from Age 6 to 12【25 Feb】
1. Understanding of child development from age 6 to 12
2. Importance of children’s whole-person development
3. Understanding and practising positive parenting
4. Effective communication skills with your child
Session 2: Practical Ways in Supporting Your Child’s Learning at Home【11 Mar】
1. Ways to support children in learning at home
2. Ways to provide a healthy environment
3. Strategies and online tools in supporting your child’s Chinese language learning
Session 3: Understanding the Hong Kong Education System and Strengthening Home-school Co-operation【25 Mar】
1. Understanding life planning at upper primary level
2. Understanding the local education system
3. Fostering home-school co-operation and communication
4. Experience/case sharing by the NCS parents and students on adapting to primary school life, learning Chinese and building confidence
*For any inquiries: WhatsApp: 9772 7943; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org