Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Rapid technology advancement is reshuffling economic powerhouses in the world landscape. With the evolution of the Revolution 4.0 progressing rapidly, the world economy is more than ever technology-driven fuelled by innovation. As new digital technologies are developed rapidly, the demand for digital leaders and business executives with innovation and technology skills are therefore growing exponentially.
The Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship subject group was set up to seize the tremendous opportunities in the Revolution 4.0 era. We aim to develop ICE leaders and talent through knowledge transfer which will have a positive social and economic impact on the sustainable development of Hong Kong and the region.
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creative ideas into innovative products for business growth;
- Enable students to adopt market-driven innovation process as a guiding framework to access technology relevance as well as market needs for new product development; and
- Equip students with a set of methodologies to engage the right partners with solid value propositions for commercializing innovative products.
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
- provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation
- enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business
- nurture innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial talents to sustain organizations’ business growth through collaborations to create synergy, reduce risk, and share resources; and
- enable students to gain insight into challenges and opportunities in managing complex innovation projects across boundaries, cultures and generational differences.
This MBA (Master of Business Administration) preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UoL).
Acknowledging the need for multi-skilled individuals who can both generate ideas for original arts and cultural events, and provide leadership for the teams that realise them, the programme targets at graduates with some work experience who wish to challenge themselves by developing innovative approaches to arts management and cultural production.
*The tuition fee is subject to annual review.
University of Essex x HKU SPACE - MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSc EI)
This programme equips students with the knowledge and skills to manage innovation in today’s rapidly evolving global marketplace. It also identifies the characteristics of the various sources of funding and enables students to analyse source of funding so as to identify and overcome risks and challenges that a company faces during its growth.
This programme prepares students for strategic leadership and transformational roles in organisations through learning various management models (from the more classical to contemporary models focusing more on individuals or systems) crucial to evaluating the effectiveness of leadership in these models. Students are supported towards a career in business management so that they may apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex, dynamic issues and situations that will come up in their working environments.