Life & Health SciencesDietetics, Food & Nutrition
Advanced Certificate in Nutrition
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- January 2020
- 4 months
- Course Fee
This programme is designed to provide students with the knowledge of basic nutrition principles and their application. The impact of food-borne microorganisms in relation to health and disease will also be discussed.
This programme consists of three modules namely:
Basic Principle of Nutrients
Food Microbiology and Food Safety
The programmes will be delivered through face-to-face seminars and class-interactive discussions.
A HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate in Nutrition wil be awarded to successful candidates.
- Students who successfully complete this Advanced Certificate and the Advanced Certificate in Clinical Nutrition and Health Promotion are eligible for the award of Advanced Diploma in Nutrition.
- Students who successfully complete this Advanced Certificate and the Advanced Certificate in Child and Adolescent Nutrition are eligible for the award of Advanced Diploma in Child and Adolescent Nutrition.
|Application Code||1735-HS001A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm and
- Friday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm, and some Saturday afternoons
- 4 months
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (usually Admiralty, Causeway Bay, Fortress Hill or North Point)
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$16,800
- Third Age Rate : 13,440 (The course offers 20% discount for aged 60 or above. The number of discount places available in some courses is subject to a quota. Third age learners must apply in person and present their HKID card/Passport for age verification at the time of their course enrolment.)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the special application form, together with relevant supporting documents, copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (or valid working / dependent visa with original entry permit) and an application fee of HK$150 cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE" (non-refundable) to either:
By post: Attn to Dietetics, Food and Nutritional Sciences, 13/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. OR
In person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Dietetics, Food and Nutritional Sciences). OR
By online: through HKU SPACE website.
Applicants should note that simply meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee entry to a programme. Places are subject to availability and selection criteria, if any.
As Hongkong Post adopted new postage rates on 1 January 2018, please make sure that sufficient postage is provided when you send us your supporting documents by post. For mails with postage underpaid, we shall return the mails to senders or ask them to pay for the shortage. Such actions may delay the processing of the applications concerned. For new postage rates please refer to Hongkong Post https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/postage_rate_2018/
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics, Food & Nutrition