Life & Health Sciences Dietetics, Food & Nutrition
Advanced Certificate in Nutrition
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Feb 2018 (Fri)
- Next intake(s)
- July 2018
- 4 months
- Course Fee
This programme is designed to provide students with the knowledge of basic nutrition principles and their application. The impact of food-borne microorganisms in relation to health and disease will also be discussed.
This programme consists of three modules namely:
Basic Principle of Nutritients
Food Microbiology and Food Safety
The programmes will be delivered through face-to-face seminars and class-interactive discussions.
A HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate in Nutrition wil be awarded to successful candidates.
- Students who successfully complete this Advanced Certificate and the Advanced Certificate in Clinical Nutrition and Health Promotion are eligible for the award of Advanced Diploma in Nutrition.
- Students who successfully complete this Advanced Certificate and the Advanced Certificate in Child and Adolescent Nutrition are eligible for the award of Advanced Diploma in Child and Adolescent Nutrition.
|Commencement date||Day / Time|
|Class A||2 Feb 2018 (Fri)||Tue and Fri 6:45-9:45pm; some Sat 2:30-5:30pm|
|Class B||3 Feb 2018 (Sat)||Wed 6:45-9:45pm and Sat 2:30-5:30pm; and some Sun 2:30-5:30pm|
- 4 months
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (usually Fortress Hill, Causeway Bay, Admiralty or North Point)
have gained in the HKCEE Grade E (Syllabus B) or Level 2*in English Language; OR
have gained in the HKDSE Level 2 in English Language.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$15,800
- Third Age Rate : HK$12,640 (The course offers 20% discount for aged 50 or above. The number of discount places available in some courses is subject to a quota. Third age learners must apply in person and present their HKID card/Passport for age verification at the time of their course enrolment.)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the special application form, together with relevant supporting documents, copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (or valid working / dependent visa with original entry permit) and an application fee of HK$150 cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE" (non-refundable) to either:
By post: Attn to Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, 13/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. OR
In person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Dietetics, Food and Nutrition).
As Hongkong Post adopted new postage rates on 1 January 2018, please make sure that sufficient postage is provided when you send us your supporting documents by post. For mails with postage underpaid, we shall return the mails to senders or ask them to pay for the shortage. Such actions may delay the processing of the applications concerned.
For new postage rates please refer to Hongkong Post https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/postage_rate_2018/Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics, Food & Nutrition