Life & Health SciencesDietetics, Food & Nutrition
Advanced Certificate in Quality Control and Food Safety Management
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Dec 2019 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- Dec 2020
- 5 months
- Course Fee
- $15,800 / $11,500 (Advanced Certificate with Module A exemption)
The programme aims to provide students with the knowledge of food safety, food hygiene management as well as principles and regulations for quality assurance. This certificate has been recognised by Food and Environmental Hygiene Department as equivalent to Hygiene Managers training course.
Students who successfully complete this certificate and Advanced Certificate in Food Service Management will be awarded the HKU SPACE Advanced Diploma in Food Business Management. These programmes equip students to take up supervisory duties in the food industry.
The programme consists of 3 modules:
Module A - Food Safety
- Introduction to microbiology and the control of microorganisms in foods;
- Monitoring and testing of foods;
- Food safety regulation and enforcement.
Module B - Environmental Health and Food Hygiene Management
- Introduction to food hygiene management;
- Construction and design of food premises;
- Licensing requirements and conditions on some common types of food licenses;
- Pest control;
- Food incident, complaint and response;
- Personal hygiene;
- Hygiene management of food.
Module C - Quality Assurance
- Introduction to HACCP;
- Quality improvement methods;
- Regulations and processes;
- Overview to ISO 9000/22000;
- Occupational safety and health;
- Sensory evaluation.
Remarks: Exemption on part of module A - Food Safety (Introduction to microbiology and the control of microorganisms in foods) will be given to students who have successfully completed the HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate in Nutrition or equivalent.
- A HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate in Quality Control and Food Safety Management will be awarded to successful candidates.
- Students who have successfully completed the HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate Course in Quality Control and Food Safety Management will satisfy the requirements of Hygiene Managers under the Hygiene Manager Scheme of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
- Students who successfully complete this certificate and the Advanced Certificate in Food Service Management will be awarded the HKU SPACE Advanced Diploma in Food Business Management.
Students who successfully complete the Advanced Diploma in Food Business Management together with all required HKU SPACE programmes, namely Advanced Certificate in Human Biochemistry and Physiology, Advanced Certificate in Food Science, Advanced Certificate in Nutrition and any two of Advanced Certificate in Clinical Nutrition and Health Promotion, Advanced Certificate in Child and Adolescent Nutrition and/or Advanced Certificate in Sport and Exercise Nutrition and other bridging courses are eligible to apply for entry into the two years part-time BSc (Hons) Food and Nutrition extension programme offered by HKU SPACE in collaboration with Ulster University, UK. (Details refer to Progression Path)
|Application Code||1760-HS024A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Monday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm; some Saturday afternoons
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Usually Fortress Hill, Causeway Bay, Admiralty or North Point)
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
# Preference will be given to those who are recommended by employers.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- $15,800 / $11,500 (Advanced Certificate with Module A exemption)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorNo Sector
|Advanced Certificate in Quality Control and Food Safety Management
|COURSE CODE 42K106882||FEES $15,800||ENQUIRY 3762-0833|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the special application form, together with relevant supporting documents, copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (or valid working/dependent visa with original entry permit) and an application fee of HK$150 cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE" (non-refundable) to either:
By post: Attn to Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, 13/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. OR
In person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Dietetics, Food and Nutrition). OR
By online: through HKU SPACE website.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.