Technology, Engineering & SciencesAviation Studies
Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Nov 2017 (Mon)
- 16 months
This programme aims at nurturing management professionals in various aviation sectors which focuses on operational and management issues in the aviation industry. A broad range of knowledge such as airline and airport operations and management, aviation business development, aviation safety issues, and air traffic management are covered in the programme.
The aviation industry of Hong Kong has been continuously expanding. With the development of the third runway, the aviation business will grow further. Sectors including airline, cargo, aircraft maintenance services, aviation security, etc. will be benefited. Current practitioners in the aviation industry and those who pursue a career in the aviation field are encouraged to enroll in this programme.
This programme contains 13 modules which have to be completed in 20 months. Classes will be conducted on weekday and weekend evenings.
The modules are as follow:
- Introduction to Aircraft and Aviation Industry
- Aviation Business Development and Operations
- Airline Management
- Air Cargo Services I
- Human Factors and Performance
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Air Cargo Services II
- Air Traffic Management
- Aircraft Weight Balance and Dispatch #
- Environmental Factors in Aviation
- Aviation Security and Contingency Planning
- Airport Operations
- Aviation Project
#This module is jointly offered with the Jardine Airport Services Limited (JASL)
- Passed assessment requirement of each module; AND
- Passed the Aviation Project module; AND
- Attained at least 75% attendance for each module
2 weekdays and Saturday; 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Kowloon West Campus OR Kowloon East Campus
Applicants should possess the following requirements:
1. (a) (i) have gained three passes in HKCEE including Mathematics PLUS Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, OR five passes in the pre 2007 HKCEE (including Chinese Language, English Language* and Mathematics); AND
(ii) have three years of relevant work experience
(b) (i) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects; AND
(ii) have one year of work experience
(c) (i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination** Level 2 or above in five subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
(ii) have two years of work experience
2. be aged 21 or above
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A).
** Applicants are allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects in the application. The recognition of the ApL subjects is as follows:
- “Attained with distinction” is deemed equivalent to Level 3; and
- "Attained" is deemed equivanlent to Level 2
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$34,000 per programme (by 2 instalments. 1st instalment – HK$23,000; 2nd instalment – HK$11,000)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Air Cargo Services I and Air Cargo Services II (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 25Z08969-3||FEES $5,670 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 2587-3254|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Center:
- Completed enrollment form
- Application fee: $150 (Non-refundable)
- Proof of qualifications (1 copy) (Please also bring true copy for our verification)
* HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Aviation Studies