Business & Management Workplace Psychology and Well-being
The programme is designed to equip students with a behavioural approach to the field of human resource management. It includes workplace-related psychology to understand and enhance work performance, and a good comprehension of HR-related skills, such as management knowledge for a better understanding of an organisation’s strategy, employment law to handle common workplace issues, HR analytical skills to generate insights for decision making and digital marketing skills to build relations with existing and potential talent.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Evaluate and apply the concepts of management strategy, employment law and digital marketing to the broad area of human resource management;
2. Integrate and apply psychology theories and principles to influence work behaviours and employee engagement.
3. Recommend and implement effective human resource practices to facilitate and support achievement of organisation goals.
4. Apply knowledge of big data and artificial intelligence in HR analytics during the human resource decision-making process.
Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology comprises 10 modules with a total of 120 credits:
10 Modules (12 credits per module):
- Essentials of Management and Strategy
- Employment Law and Common Workplace Issues
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills for HR Managers
- Essentials of Human Resource Management
- The Psychology of People, Work and the Organisation
- Organisation Learning and Development
- Talent and Performance Management
- The Psychology of Motivation, Leadership and Employee Well-being
- Employee Engagement and Communication Skills
- Big Data and AI for HR Analytics
Upon passing of all the continuous assessments and the exams students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE the “Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology”.
Students who complete "Essentials of Human Resource Management" and another four modules can exit the programme with a “Diploma in Human Resource Management” within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Student Duration and teaching mode
- Part-time programme: Face-to-Face lecture
- 11 lectures per module: Weekdays (7 - 10 pm)
- Study duration: 20 months
- The medium of instruction: English
- 70% Attendance Requirement
- Individual written assignment/ Online exercise/ Group project and presentation/ Final written examination (Depends on different modules)
- Admiralty Learning Centre/ United Learning Centre/ Fortress Tower Learning Centre/ Island East Campus
Days / Time
- Mon, Wed, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 33 hours per module
- 3 hours per session
Modules & Class Details
|- Employee Engagement and Communication Skills||HKD $7,900|
|- Big Data and AI for HR Analytics|
|- Essentials of Management and Strategy||HKD $7,900|
|- Essentials of Human Resource Management|
|- Employment Law and Common Workplace Issues||HKD $7,900|
|- The Psychology of People, Work and the Organisation|
|- Organisational Learning and Development||
|- The Psychology of Motivation, Leadership and Employee Well-being|
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills for HR Managers
|- Talent and Performance Management|
10 modules; 33 hours per module; 3 hours per sessions
Fee & Entry Requirements
a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics;
(b) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*,
or equivalent; AND
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS-level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualifications;
(c) hold a HKQF level 3 or equivalent Certificate in human resource management, business or related discipline.
Applicants who are aged 21 and above with relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (grade C in the case of Syllabus A) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Total Tuition Fee: HKD$39,500 ($3,950 per module)
[Tuition Fee by 5 installments; each installment: HKD$7,900]
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology
|COURSE CODE 33F130964||FEES $39,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Essentials of Management and Strategy (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z130975||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Employment Law and Common Workplace Issues (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z130983||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills for HR Managers (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z130991||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Essentials of Human Resource Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131009||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|The Psychology of People, Work and the Organisation (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131017||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Learning and Development (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131025||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Talent and Performance Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131033||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|The Psychology of Motivation, Leadership and Employee Well-being (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131041||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Employee Engagement and Communication Skills (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z13105A||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Big Data and AI for HR Analytics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z131068||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and Workplace Psychology
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Workplace Psychology and Well-being