Accounting & FinanceFinance and Compliance
Certificate for Module (Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level)
- Course Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 12 Mar 2019 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- April 2019
- 18 hours
- Course Fee
Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), works together with the banking industry to introduce an industry-wide competency framework – Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF) on Anti-money Laundering and Counter-financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) to support talent development in AML/CFT. The syllabus will be provided by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and this programme is offered for students to prepare for the ECF on AML/CFT Professional Level Examination.
Students who pass the examination with 3 years relevant work experience will be eligible to apply for Certified AML Professional (CAMLP). Please visit HKIB website (https://www.hkib.org/ ) for further information on examination arrangements.
AML Lecturer: Mr Russell Harding
Guest Speaker: Mr Edgar Ma, Director Compliance Hong Kong, Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
The total number of contact hours is 18 for the entire programme.
This programme aims to develop further the knowledge and skills of the more experienced practitioners in applying risk-based approach and risk management system for banks on AML/CFT in broader banking context and also effectively managing the interests of various stakeholders.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Assess and analyze the compliance risk of different operations by applying a risk-based approach and take current and emerging AML/CFT trends, regulatory requirements, techniques and typologies into account
- Develop compliance programme, control measures assessment tools and internal standards to manage compliance and fraud risk to align with laws and regulations particularly related to AML/CFT
- Track and monitor of activities critical to compliance and detect non-compliance issues, suspicious and illegal transactions based on observation, data analysis and regulatory requirements
- Manage and investigate incidents of non- compliance and develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impacts of breaches of regulations
- Build an effective AML/CFT risk management system with risk-based approach to ensure regulatory changes and related compliance programme and measures are well communicated to the employees
- Application of the risk-based approach
- Building an effective AML/CFT risk management system
- The risk-based approach and AML/CFT risks in specialist topics
- Ensuring financial inclusion
- Managing stakeholders effectively
Upon completion the requirements of this programme, students will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
WAM Pilot Programme
The Certificate for Module (Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level) (ECFAML) is one of the eligible courses under the Financial Incentive Scheme for Professional Training (the Scheme) of the Pilot Programme to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (the WAM Pilot Programme), funded by the HKSAR government. Under the Scheme, eligible individuals will be reimbursed 80% of the eligible course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000, upon satisfactory completion of the course over the three-year period of the Scheme.
- Participants who meet the eligibility criteria, attendance requirement and completion of the ECFAML programme can apply for reimbursement under the Scheme.
- Eligibility: Please refer the details at the WAM Pilot Programme website.
- Attendance Requirement:
- The minimum class attendance requirement is 70%.
- Attend the whole programme session.
- Participants will not be given attendance record if they are late and/ or absent from the programme session for more than 15 minutes.
- Attendance for the entire programme is signified by the sign-in and sign-out records on the attendance form.
- Satisfactory completion of the ECFAML programme: Eligible participants who wish to apply for reimbursement under the Scheme must follow the conditions govern the award of the programme to meet the requirements under the Scheme.
- A student must be registered on this programme.
- A student must have paid all due fees and amounts to HKU SPACE.
- A student must have been examined in all the prescribed course work.
- A student must have achieved Pass grades.
- Students should meet a minimum of 70% attendance.
- A student must have complied with the Regulations and its amendments made from time to time.
- Application to reimburse the course fee, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the programme completion date. For ECFAML programme, eligible participants can apply for course reimbursement upon satisfactory completion of the programme. A Letter of Completion will be issued to the eligible participants as a proof of completion of the ECFAML course. The Letter of Completion will be sent to eligible participants by post upon completion of the ECFAML programme.
- For further information, please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website.
MAR 2019 Schedule - NEW
Lecture Date Time
1 12/03/2019 (Tue) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
2 14/03/2019 (Thur) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
3 19/03/2019 (Tue) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
4 21/03/2019 (Thur) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
5 26/03/2019 (Tue) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
6 02/04/2019 (Tue) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Venue: To be advised
JAN 2019 Schedule
Lecture Date Time
1 05/01/2019 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00PM - 5:00 PM
2 19/01/2019 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00PM - 5:00 PM
3 26/01/2019 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00PM - 5:00 PM
Venue: 6/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway
Applicants shall fulfill one of the following entry requirements:
- Advanced Certificate for ECF on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) awarded or grandfathered by The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB); or
- Other qualifications would also be considered in a case-by-case basis by HKIB
- Course Fee : HK$4,500
- HK$500 (HKIB Study Guide - Students are required to complete pre-course reading materials listed in the HKIB Study Guide before training sessions. The Guide is available for collection and payment at the HKIB office. For details, please contact HKIB at (852) 2153 7800 or visit https://www.hkib.org/)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here to apply online.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.