Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
The programme intends to develop frontline health professionals’ clinical competency on understanding and management of health and drug issues in children. The programme content aims to enhance the understanding of the management of the health issues, the interpretation of the health status, and the behavioural issues in children. The programme will also introduce the behavioural therapy and the knowledge in drug supplements and drug-drug interactions.
1. Pediatric physiology and development
2. Management of ADHD, psychological and behavior problems in children and adolescents
3. Introduction to behavioral therapy
4. Common therapeutics for children
5. Drug Dependence and addictions in adolescents
6. Supplements, Natural Health Products and their interactions with drugs
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. Integrate the knowledge of pediatric physiology in monitoring the health status of children;
2. Apply the knowledge of administration of common drugs in primary care and hospital settings; and
3. Examine the therapeutic effects on the health status of young patients, via the use of various clinical checklists.
1. A minimum of 80% attendance
2. Individual Assignment (30%)
3. 2-hour written examination (70%)
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Health and Drug Management in Children and Adolescents) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Days / Time
- Monday, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Around 3 months
Applicants should be registered nurses, medical social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and other health care professionals; or those working in health care settings with an interest in Health and Drug Management in Children and Adolescents.
HK$150 HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Health and Drug Management in Children and Adolescents)
|COURSE CODE 41C10781A||FEES $5,500||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Health and Drug Management in Children and Adolescents)
Please return the completed application form with supporting qualification documents together with the application fee in the form of a crossed cheque made payable to HKU SPACE to SWAS, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Miss Maggie Ho).
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, crossed cheque or VISA at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.