Life & Health SciencesNursing & Healthcare
Certificate for Module (Health and Drug Management of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders)
證書(單元 : 精神病患與神經系統疾病和用藥管理)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 04 Nov 2019 (Mon)
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese.
- Course Fee
The programme aims to equip frontline professionals with advance knowledge on pathology and the principles of pharmacology in treatment of patients with mental illness and neurological disorders. The programme will focus on the pathology of various mental illness and neurological disorders, including bipolar disorders, depression, and dementia. The programme will also highlight the application of psychiatric drugs and or neurological drugs to different psychiatric illnesses and or neurological disorders. Clinical management and monitoring of drug efficacy and side effects will be addressed.
1. Pathology and diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses and neurological disorders
2. Non-pharmacological therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders
3. Caregivers counseling
4. Common drugs for psychiatric illnesses
5. Understanding the efficacy and safety of drugs neurological disorders
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Examine the health status of patients with psychiatric and neurological disorders, via the use of checklist;
2. Explore and evaluate the different ways of treatment of various psychiatric and neurological disorders;
3. Apply the knowledge of drug treatment regimen in monitoring the therapeutic effects on the health status of the patients; and
4. Conduct health education to caregivers in understanding the drug knowledge and its effect on health status of their care recipients.
1. A minimum of 80% attendance
2. Individual Assignment (30%)
3. 2-hour written examination (70%)
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Health and Drug Management of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Days / Time
- Monday, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Around 3 months
Applicants should be registered nurses, medical social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and other health care professionals; or those working in health care settings with an interest in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please return the completed application form with supporting qualification documents together with the application fee in the form of a crossed cheque made payable to HKU SPACE to Nursing Studies and Health Care, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, crossed cheque or VISA at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
- More Programmes of
- Nursing & Healthcare