Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
Carry out multi-stage calculations to model phenomena in pharmacokinetics and chemical kinetics;
Apply statistical analysis for variables and data in health, pharmaceutical and biological contexts.
This programme will cover :
(I) Differential and integral calculus
- Different methods of differential and integral calculus to model phenomena in pharmacokinetics, chemical kinetics, epidemiology and demography.
(II) Statistical methods
- Different statistical methods and their applications in health, pharmaceutical and biological contexts. The topics include random variables, distribution and probability, confidence intervals and significance tests for means and proportions, chi-square tests for categorical variables and simple linear regression.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for computation and data analysis.
The assessments are assignments, quizzes and a 2.5-hour written examination.
Upon completion of the programme and pass the assessments, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Mathematics for Life Sciences).
- 32.5 Lecture Hours
2 weekday evenings and 1 Saturday afternoon.
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : 5800
a) have gained Grade E/ Level 2 in HKALE in Chemistry and Grade E in HKCEE in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent; or
b) have attained HKDSE Examination Level 2 in five subjects including English and Mathematics, and Chemistry or Combined Science (with Chemistry as one of the component); and have taken Biology or Combined Science (with Biology); or
c) hold an Advanced Certificate or Certificate in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Administration subject to an overall grade requirement in the certificate with passes in HKCEE English (Syllabus B), Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics; or HKDSE Level 2 in English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry (or Combined Science (Chemistry and Biology)); or
d) hold a Certificate in Dispensing Studies with a pass in HKCEE Chemistry and 1-year work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Mathematics for Life Sciences)
|COURSE CODE 41C103814
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Mathematics for Life Sciences)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Mr Danny Mak)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
* Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Mr Danny Mak). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies