Social Sciences Political Sciences and Public Administration
This programme explores government campaigns and elections; learning their purpose and significance; and observing the impact that they have on the Hong Kong political system.
Students will also learn how to deal with the challenges facing most of the political campaigns such as how to persuade people (perhaps voters, opinion leaders and governmental decision makers, etc) through effective communication to join the politician’s side; how to get his/her supporters to do what he/she need them to do; how to mitigate the opposition; and how to finance the effort.
Executive Certificate in Strategic Communication in Public Policy and Election Campaign
Days / Time
- Saturday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Hong Kong Island side Learning centre
(a) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(b) hold an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(c) be mature students holding relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,280 per programme (Course fees are non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Admin charge applies to course withdrawal.)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit the filled HKU SPACE application form (SF26) with:
- copies of academic qualifications;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
- copy of HKID card/passport;
- a crossed cheque for $150 application fee (non-refundable) made payable to "HKU SPACE".
- In Person
To any of our enrolment centres (https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre); or
- By Post
Mail to Ms Carrie Chan at Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque.
Course applicants, who are alumni and holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Political Sciences and Public Administration