Exam date: 3 Dec 2023 (Sun)
【*NEW* HSK & HSKK Test Arrangement (starting from Year 2023)】
As announced by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation, starting January 2023, all exam takers of HSK levels 3 to 6 are required to take the corresponding HSKK exams on the same exam date in one sitting:
- HSK level 3 applicants must take the HSKK Beginner Level (Primary) (初級) Speaking test;
- HSK level 4 applicants must take the HSKK Intermediate Level (中級) Speaking test;
- HSK level 5 and level 6 applicants must take the HSKK Advanced Level (高級) Speaking test.
Results for both the written and oral exams will be reported together. Official announcement from CTI-汉考国际 (in Chinese): https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/jba5bixw2Me09YHjqqEZUw
Visit any HKU SPACE enrolment centre with all required forms and a recent colour passport-size photograph for direct application. Check the latest opening hours of the centres before visiting for application.
*HSK tests at HKU SPACE is a written, paper-based test. Home version/Internet/computer based test is NOT available.*
- For details, please refer to sections "Programme Details" and "Apply". Links to different test levels are posted at the bottom of the page.
- Enquiry: email@example.com
*Update of HKU SPACE COVID-19 Information*
For the latest guidelines regarding COVID-19 policy, please refer to HKSAR Government policy at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/ . Please stay vigilant and observe government requirements. When the test is subjected to changes accordingly, if necessary, notifications will be sent to all candidates via email, SMS messages.
HSK Level 4 tests on Chinese listening, reading and writing ability, corresponding topics, tasks, grammar and 2,000 Chinese words, as well as related Chinese culture and China's national conditions.
For more information on the HSK tests and Chinese Testing International (CTI), please visit:
For application, please apply directly in person/by post with HKU SPACE.
HSK SCHEDULE for Year 2023
application for HSK LEVEL 4 (dec 2023)
Exam date: 3 dec 2023 (sun)
HSK Level 4 start time: 9:00am
HSKK Speaking Test (Intermediate level) Start Time: 11:25am
- HSK level 4 applicants must apply and take the HSKK Intermediate Level (中級) speaking test in one sitting.
Application deadline: Extended to 26 Oct 2023 (thu)
- Venue: HKU SPACE Fortress Tower Learning Centre (Exit B, Fortress Hill MTR Station)
- Vacancies are limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The HSK Test is a paper-based written exam and offered in Simplified Chinese version only.
- Please apply in person or by post (see "Apply" for details).
Enrolment Start Date
Available Test Types
14 May 2023 (Sun)
31 March 2023
3 Dec 2023 (Sun)
Extended to 26 Oct 2023 (Thur)
**The test schedule could be subjected to changes if necessary. Applicants will be notified by SMS/email and website updates. Please apply with your regular email and contact number. **
The Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), operated by the Chinese Testing International (wholly-owned by Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, a non-governmental public institution affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China), is a national standardized test to assess the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers.
HSK Level 4 is mainly for intermediate Chinese learners and users who have certain Chinese listening, reading and writing skills. The HSK Level 4 test would be most suitable for students who in the past two years have attended Chinese classes not less than 2-4 hours per week. They should have a basic vocabulary of 2,000 Chinese words, understand corresponding grammatical structures and know related Chinese culture and China's national conditions.
The total score for HSK Level 4 (written test) is 300. Out of 300, a total score of 180 qualified a pass.
|Test Contents||Item Numbers||Test Duration|
|Listening||45||About 30 minutes|
|Fill in answer sheet||/||5 minutes|
|Total||100||About 100-105 minutes|
Note: Only paper-based test is offered. The test is conducted in Simplified Chinese.
For more details, please visit:
HSK Admission Ticket
Admission ticket and relevant documents will be sent to candidates by surface mail about two weeks before HSK test date.
Please note that a distinct email is required for each applicant as the email address serves as the login name for HSK online system (chinesetest.cn).
Collection of HSK Score Report
The HSK Score Report will be available for collection/by request using registered mail service (about three months after the test date, subjected to delivery from host organiser).
Please ensure your mailing address has a proxy who can sign for the collection of the registered mail during day-time.
- We reserve the right to reject incomplete applications.
- Late application is strictly not accepted.
- Unless if the test is cancelled, fees paid are not refundable.
- Vacancies are limited and offered on "first-come, first-served" basis.
For HSK Schedule, please visit:
|Start Date||03 Dec 2023 (Sun)|
Days / Time
- Sunday, 9:00am - 11:00am
Fee & Entry Requirements
- HK$560 (includes postage)
- As announced by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation, starting January 2023, all exam takers of HSK levels 3 to 6 are required to take the corresponding HSKK exams on the same exam date. HSK level 4 applicants must apply and take the HSKK Intermediate Level (中級) speaking test in one sitting.
- Paper based exam only. Candidates must possess knowledge of written Chinese.
- Home version/online/computer based test is NOT offered.
Documents Required for Enrolment
- A completed Enrolment Form SF26 [Enrolment Form SF26 can be obtained from HKU SPACE website or HKU SPACE enrolment centres.];
- A white/plain colour background passport-sized photo (appr. 45mm x 55mm) for the use of admission ticket and score report
- HKID/Passport copy
- Candidate Registration Form
- Consent form signed by parents (for under-aged applicants, please download the form from this webpage)
- Payment for exam fee by any of the following methods:
In person: Cash / EPS / VISA or Master Card / Crossed cheque / Banker’s draft
By post: Crossed cheque / Banker’s draft (Payable to “HKU SPACE”)
In Person/By Post
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate exam fee, one passport-sized photo, HKID/passport copy and parent consent form (for under-aged applicants), to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Please send all application documents to:
"Attn: Miss Yick, Oriental Studies (Putonghua - HSK exam), HKU SPACE, 11/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, Fortress Hill, NORTH POINT, HK".Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Exam fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Exam fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the test title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate exam fees in the form of a cheque, one passport-sized photo, HKID/passport copy and parent consent form (for under-aged applicants) to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “HSK Test Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the exam fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Applicants may be required to pay the exam fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the test is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. test cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued after the test.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.