Accounting & Finance Accounting
APPLICATION OPEN - August 2023 Intake - Please enroll ASAP!!! Online enrolment is welcome
Please pay attention to the deadline
Please note: it is advisable to enrol well in advance as places are limited. There is no reservation service.
Certificate for Module (LCC & I Examination Preparatory Programme Level 3: Accounting)
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- prepare budgets to assist managerial decision making;
- prepare cash flow statements in helping assess company’s liquidity;
- prepare the financial statements in accordance with accounting principles.
- Valuation of Stock
- Valuation of Non-current Assets
- Accounting for Partnership
- Accounting for Limited Companies
- Preparation of Consolidated Income Statement
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statements
- Accounting Ratios
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Budgetary Control
- Introduction to Decision Making
- Concepts of Accounting Framework
Teaching and Learning Activities
Lecture and class exercises.
Integrated assignment: One assignment
Examination: Written exam of three hours
At least 70%
Upon successful completion of the programme and achieve 70% of attendance, students will be awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE "Certificate for Module (LCC & I Examination Preparatory Programme Level 3: Accounting)".
Mr Patrick YAU
Master of Professional Accounting; MBA (Griffith University)
BSc in Mathematical Statistics (University of Queensland)
With over 10 years of experience in teaching, coaching and facilitation in various professional accountancy examination preparatory programmes, he could understand the learning needs of a wide range of students with various academic backgrounds. He is passionate in helping students to enhance their knowledge, achieve professional qualification and academic excellence.
Level 3: Accounting (48 hours) - ACCT2006
Application Code 報名代碼：2140-1498AW
Tentative Schedule 暫定時間表
Venue: TBC (Hong Kong Island)
|Tutor: Mr Yau|
|1||18-Aug-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|2||25-Aug-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|3||1-Sep-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|4||8-Sep-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|5||15-Sep-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|6||22-Sep-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|7||6-Oct-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|8||13-Oct-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|9||20-Oct-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|10||27-Oct-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|11||3-Nov-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|12||10-Nov-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|13||17-Nov-2023||Friday||19:00 - 22:30||TBC|
|14||24-Nov-2023||Friday||19:00 - 21:30||TBC|
*Venues provided are for reference only and subject to changes.
A detailed timetable will be emailed to students before class commences. If not, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses are subject to sufficient enrolment.
- If you are applying to / have enrolled for more than one programme/course with HKU SPACE, please check to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts before submitting your application.
- While we will try to minimise any timetable changes, please note that issues of lecturer and room availability may sometimes make these unavoidable.
- HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
About LCCI Exam 有關LCCI公開考試
# The exam dates above are for reference only. HKU SPACE will assist our current students in the registration of LCCI examination and details will be announced via email.
HKU SPACE is not the organizer of the examination. Please contact Pearson LCCI Hong Kong Office if you have any enquiry about the examination.
HKU SPACE並非考試主辦機構。如對考試有疑問，請聯絡考試機構Pearson LCCI Hong Kong Office。
|Pearson Education Asia Ltd (Hong Kong Office)|
|Tel||(852) 3181 0100|
|Fax||(852) 2565 7440|
|Address||28/F, 1063 King's Road
HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our respective Programme Teams will contact students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
LCCI qualifications are designed to give students flexibility, so that their learning can be balanced around existing commitments to achieve their goals.
LCCI qualifications can support a learner access higher education. Several LCCI Level 3 qualifications attract UCAS Tariff points, which will strengthen a learner's application for an undergraduate degree in the UK. For more information on LCCI's UCAS Tariff Points, please visit the new Tariff Tables on UCAS's website.
As well as the progression into universities, LCCI qualifications can also offer students the opportunity to progress into professional qualifications (such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), and Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA) and are often listed as essential requirements by international employers.
View the current professional bodies' exemptions available for Pearson LCCI qualifications below at https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/lcci/progress-with-lcci.html.
Currect exemptions available for LCCI qualifications are indicated in the table below:
|Association of Chartered Certified Accounts (ACCA)||Level 3||Accounting and Finance||Pearson LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (VQR)||Fundamental Paper: F3 Financial Accounting|
LCCI qualifications can support a learner access higher education. Several LCCI Level 3 qualifications attract UCAS Tariff points, which will strengthen a learner's application for an undergraduate degree in the UK. For more information on LCCI's UCAS Tariff Points, please visit the new Tariff Table on UCAS's website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/ucas-undergraduate-tariff-points
As well as the progression into universities, our qualifications can also offer students the opportunity to progress into professional qualifications (such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Fee & Entry Requirements
There is no minimum entry requirements, students must check with LCC & I that they are eligible to write the examinations.
- Course Fee : HK$2500 (Course fee does not include fees charged by examination bodies.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (LCC & I Examination Preparatory Programme Level 3: Accounting)|
|COURSE CODE 33C149494||FEES $2,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8487|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully completed the courses－which means fullfill ALL following Assessment and Completion Requirements:
|Assessment||Achieve a Pass Grade in BOTH integrated assignment and mock exam|
|Attendance||Attend at least 70% of total lecture hours|
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (LCC & I Examination Preparatory Programme Level 3: Accounting)
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of