Accounting & Finance Risk Management
Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Oct 2021 (Thu)
- Next intake(s)
- Oct 2021, Feb 2022
- 0.8 years to 1.5 years
Upon completion of the Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics, students could articulate to the Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management (Pgdip ERM) and could apply exemption for the common module “Internal Controls – Concepts and Issues”. In other words, students would be awarded with the PgDip in Enterprise Risk Management by completing 5 modules.
Pgdip ERM graduates who have completed the pre-requisite modules, would be exempted 120 credits and only need to study the module of ‘Research Methods’ and also submit a 12,000-word dissertation to attain the award of "MSc Risk Management" by Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU).
Forensic Accounting is an emerging area in accounting profession, showing that there are students’ needs to equip themselves with the knowledge for further career advancement. The programme structure is enhanced and comprehensive with the moduels "Internal Controls-Concept and Issues" and "Digital Forensics and Information Technology Safety, both reviewing business operations from management perspectives.
This programme equips students with accounting knowledge, IT and investigation skills so that they would be able to analyse the financial statement, prevent computer hacking and safeguard the company from fraud incidents.
Digital Forensics and Information Technology Safety
Internal Controls – Concepts and Issues
Forensic Accounting is an emerging area in accounting profession, showing that there are students’ needs to equip themselves with the knowledge for further career advancement.
The programme structure would be more enhanced and comprehensive if it includes the IT course and also the course of internal controls; Digital Forensics and Information Technology Safety focuses on digital forensic from the management perspective whereas Internal Controls-Concepts and Issues reviews the internal operations.
Medium of Instruction
- English (Supplemented with Cantonese)
Upon completion of the Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics programme, students could articulate to the Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management and could apply for exemption one module.
Forensic Accounting - Dr Gary Leung
Dr. Gary Leung is an associate of each of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries, the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, Canada & USA and a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Gary has taught professional accounting examination courses, master degrees course, and postgraduate diploma courses over 15 years.
Internal Control - Concepts & Issues / Corporate Governance - Mr. Patrick A. Rozario
Patrick Rozario is a Managing Director of Moore Stephens and heads up the firm's Advisory Services to help our clients manage their risks and enhance their business operations.
Patrick Rozario has over 25 year experiences and managed various internal audits, corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley, internal control and information technology risk assurance advisory engagements for clients across different industries. Patrick is also the Chairman of the organising committee for the HKICPA Best Corporate Governance Disclosure Awards 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Digital Forensics and Information Technology Safety - Mr. F. W. Wan, BSc, MSc, CISA
Mr. Wan leads advisory practice across AI/RPA, Virtual Bank, Robo-Advisory and Digital Payment in an international consulting firm. Prior to joining the consulting sector, Mr. Wan was a regulator with primary focus on policy setting and issuing codes in relation to Regtech, Algo/Electronic Trading, Dark Pool and Robo-Advisory areas. Previously, he also played a lead role in driving Asia Pacific technology audit in a Top-tier US investment bank. He holds Master of Science degree.
|Application Code||1950-AC053A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 10 months - 1.5 years
2021 Oct Intake
7 Oct 2021 - 13 Jan 2022
|Digital Forensics and Information Technology Safety||
9 Oct 2021 - 8 Jan 2022
Notes: * The venue, time and date arrangements are subject to final confirmation, HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
The date of examination is included in the above class period.
2022 Feb Intake (Tentative)
-Internal Controls - Concepts and Issues
- hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline awarded by a recognized university; AND
- provide evidence of English proficiency (if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English) such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 in the computer- based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$24,000 per programme (for 3 modules)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Internal Controls - Concepts and Issues (Module from Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z104702||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8474|
|Forensic Accounting (Module from Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z104710||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8474|
|Information Technology Safety and Frauds Prevention (Module from Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z104729||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8474|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Business Forensics
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.