This is a CEF Reimbursable programme.
This programme provides systematic training in translation for those who have a degree in any discipline other than translation.
Good language skills, particularly English and Chinese, have become increasingly important in this age of communication, in business and daily life. Learning translation can help students to improve proficiency in both languages, and become effecive communicators.
This programme consists of five modules:
- Commercial and Financial Translation
- Legal Translation
- Literary Translation
- Culture and Translation
- Translation Project
Assessment is based on all coursework, examination, attendance and translation project.
Days / Time
- Mon, Thu, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- have the HKU SPACE Postgraduate Certificate in Translation; OR
- (a) hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline other than translation awarded by a recognized institute OR
(b) hold the membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL); and
have to pass a 3-hour entrance test.
Note (i): NEW applicants are required to attend a three-hour entrance test from 7:00pm to 10:00pm on Thurssday, 12 January 2023 at one of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres (exact venue to be confirmed).
Note (ii): Graduates of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation are NOT required to attend the entrance test.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- 1. Application fee: HK$150
2. Course fee: HK$22,300 (to be paid on notification of acceptance)
(Fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Translation
|COURSE CODE 24Z06703-4||FEES $22,300||ENQUIRY 3762-0830|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Translation
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- NEW applicants:
Complete and submit the special application form by post or in person on or before 05 January 2023 at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres together with:
- Copies of your HKID card and certificate(s) proving your highest education qualification(s), and
- An application fee of HK$150 (In person: by cash, VISA, MasterCard, EPS; by post: cheque, payable to “HKU SPACE”) (Application fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred.)
- If submission by mail, please post the application form with 1. and 2. to the below address:
Attn: Gideon Ip
11/F Fortress Tower,
250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
- Graduates of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation:
Complete and send the special application form with your certificate copy of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation to Programme Team at email@example.com on or before 05 Jan 2023 (Application fee and entrance test are waived)
- More Programmes of