Today and Upcoming Events
Date: 22 JAN 2023; Time: 19:00 - 22:00; Venue: to be announced.
Good language skills, particularly English and Chinese, have become increasingly important in this age of communication, in business and daily life. Learning translation can help students to improve proficiency in both languages, and become effecive communicators.
The programme consists of ten modules and is now recruiting students for modules 6-10 (in bold type):
Students can take modules 1-5 and exit the programme with the award of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation. They can also continue to study modules 6-10 and, upon successful completion of all 10 modules, get the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Translation. Exemption from modules 1-5 can be given to those who pass a 3-hour competency test (see Entry Requirements).
1. Theory and Practice of Translation
2. Contrastive Studies and Linguistics
3. English-Chinese Translation
4. Chinese-English Translation
5. Media Translation
6. Commercial and Financial Translation
7. Legal Translation
8. Literary Translation
9. Culture and Translation
10. Translation Project
Assessment is based on coursework, examination, and project.
Days / Time
- Mon, Thu, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Fee & Entry Requirements
- (a) hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline other than translation awarded by a recognized institute; or
(b) hold the membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL),
2. (a) have to pass a 1-hour competency test (this group of students will start their study from Module 1); or
(b) have to pass a 3-hour competency test (this group of students will start their study from Module 6).
Applicants who cannot pass the 3-hour competency test may be considered for entry to the programme by starting their study from Module 1.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- 1. Application fee: HK$150
2. Course fees
- Modules 6-10: HK$23,500
(Fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Translation
|COURSE CODE 38G148615||FEES $23,500||ENQUIRY 3762-0830|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Translation
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- NEW applicants:
Complete and submit the special application form by post or in person on or before the application deadline stated above at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres together with:
- Copies of your HKID card and certificate(s) proving your highest education qualification(s), and
- An application fee of HK$150 (In person: by cash, VISA, MasterCard, EPS; by post: cheque, payable to “HKU SPACE”) (Application fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred.)
- If submission by mail, please post the application form with 1. and 2. to the below address:
Attn: Gideon Ip
11/F Fortress Tower,
250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
- Graduates of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation:
Complete and send the special application form with your certificate copy of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation to Programme Team at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the application deadline stated above (Application fee and entrance test are waived)
- More Programmes of