Life & Health SciencesNursing & Healthcare
Postgraduate Diploma in e-Health Informatics
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 15 Oct 2019 (Tue)
- 1 year
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
The programme aims to train healthcare professionals and those from related disciplines to develop the knowledge, understanding and competencies in mastering the advanced use of Information Technology skills in healthcare settings.
- One-year programme with 230 contact hours
- 5 core modules plus Postgraduate Project
- Most modules consists of
- 15 lecture hours plus 21 e-learning activities hour or 24 lecture hours plus 12 non-lecture activity hours (tutorial / workshop)
- 1.5 hours written examination
- Continuous Assessment
Days / Time
- Tue, Thu, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
|Module Title||Contact hours/
|Module 1 - Overview of e-Health & Hong Kong e-Health System||
|Module 2 - Integrated e-Health, m-Health & Ubiquitous Health||
|Module 3 - Management Issues in e-Health||
|Module 4 - Knowledge Management & Business Intelligence for e-Health||
|Module 5 - Ethical, Legal & Social Issues||
|Module 6 - Postgraduate Project||
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicant should provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; OR
ii. a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in the internet-based TOEFL; OR
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E;
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$45,800 (to be paid in 2 instalments)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- All applicants are required to complete one Application Form (SF26) and, either submit them in person or post them to Ms Alice Wong, College of Life Sciences and Technology, HKU SPACE, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- All applications, either by post or in person must be accompanied by:
- Certified photostat copies of full educational certificates and transcripts.
Note: When submitting your application in person at any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centers, please bring along the originals of your educational certificates / transcripts for certification. If you are posting your application, please arrange to bring the originals of the relevant documents for certification at any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres before the commencement of classes.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.