Aviation, Transport and Logistics Logistics & Transport
The Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management programme has been granted full exemption from the educational requirements for Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CMILT). Students will take a total of eight courses, either in the Logistics Management Stream or the Transport Management Stream. After graduation, students can continue to study at bachelor degree level.
The Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management programme has been offered by HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education (HKU SPACE) for 30 years. It follows the same syllabi of the CILTHK Professional Qualifying Examination. Graduates from the Professional Diploma will receive full exemption from the educational requirements for Chartered Membership of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CMILT). This is the only educational programme in Hong Kong at diploma level which receives full exemption.
Aim and Objectives
This Professional Diploma programme aims to provide professional knowledge in logistics and transport management for people already working in the field as well as those who are intending to pursue a career in this profession. The programme objectives are:
-To provide students with both qualified and professional training and knowledge in logistics and transport so that they will obtain the necessary knowledge and skills in the field;
-To equip them academically so as to enable them to pursue further studies;
-To equip the graduates with adequate knowledge so that they could be exempted from the educational qualification of the CMILT.
The programme has 2 Levels, with students taking a total of 8 courses:
|Logistics Management Stream||Transport Management Stream|
|Law of Business and Carriage||Law of Business and Carriage|
|Global Supply Chain Management||Transport Systems and Management (|
|Logistics Management||Sustainable Transportation|
|Warehousing and Materials Handling||Transport Policy and Planning|
|Business Environment for Transport and Logistics|
|Financial Management & Reporting for Transport and Logistics|
|Marketing and Service Management|
|Management and Decision Making|
|Application Code||2080-TP001A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Mon - Fri, 7:15pm - 10:15pm (optional)
- 42 hours per module
- 14 session(s)
- 3 hours per session
(a) have satisfied the HKU Entrance Requirements as specified in the prevailing University Regulations, or possess equivalent qualifications; or
(b) be a Member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (MILT); or
(c) possess a Higher Diploma in Transport Studies granted by the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) (Tsing Yi) and have at least two years of relevant post-qualification work experience; or
(d) possess a Diploma in Business Studies (Freight Transport) granted by IVE (Haking Wong) and at least two years of relevant post-qualification working experience; or
(e) possess an Advanced Certificate in Logistics and Transport Studies awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE with at least grade C in either subject, Introduction to Transport Studies or Introduction to Logistics Studies; or
(f) possess an Advanced Certificate in Shipping and Logistics awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE with at least Grade C in either one of the two modules; or
(g) possess a Certificate in Shipping and Logistics awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE with at least Grade C in either one of the two modules; or
(h) possess an Advanced Diploma in Traffic Engineering awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
(i) possess a RPL (Logistics) qualification of minimum 30 credits at QF Level 3 or above.
Applicants who do not have the above qualifications, but possess at least 5 years of relevant working experience, with at least 3 years at managerial level, will also be considered.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$6200 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Marketing and Service Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 21Z05705-7||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Management and Decision Making (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 21Z05706-5||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Business Environment for Transport and Logistics (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05795-3||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Transport Policy and Planning (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05800-3||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Transport Systems and Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05801-1||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Sustainable Transportation (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05802-A||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Warehousing and Materials Handling (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05799-6||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Global Supply Chain Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05797-A||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8820|
|Logistics Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management Programme)
|COURSE CODE 25Z05798-8||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8820|
|Law of Business and Carriage (Module from The Professional Diploma in Logistics And Transport Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 25Z07829-2||FEES $6,200||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Logistics & Transport