Video Production – a vital skill for 21st century teaching.
The 3-session bootcamp is aimed to equip the participants with the basic video production skills required for turning the traditional paper-based teaching materials into “digitised” format using free software, and devices like computer and smartphone. Today’s devices are simple to hold and easy to load. At the end of the course, participants will be able to teach with more impactful materials, adding life to their teaching, both face-to-face and online.
If you are a teacher and you ask the question "Does knowing how to produce video help my teaching?", this bootcamp will help you answer it.
Imagine video production is just like cooking, starting from deciding on the recipe, choosing the ingredients, purchasing them, preparing them, picking the right cookware, cooking, garnishing them, and serving your loved ones on that specific occasion.
The course will explain the concept of planning, locate the visual and audio resources, prepare them for final assembly, acquire and build the skills of using different software and hardware, and put all materials together for presentation through various channels.
The bootcamp covers:
- Idea to script development.
- Storyboard for visual story-telling.
- Visual material collection and finetuning.
- Audio material collection and finetuning.
- Production planning.
- Video production.
- Post production.
- Exporting final product.
What each of the participants need is a smartphone and the production is guaranteed.
|Start Date||22 Jul 2021 (Thu)|
|Time||2:30pm - 5:30pm (Thu)|
|Venue||Room 207, Admiralty Learning Centre|
- 3 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
- Course Fee : HK$1,000
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.
- More Programmes of