Active Grammar 2
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Apr 2023
- 15 weeks
- Course Fee
Active Grammar 2 develops your language at a higher level than Active Grammar 1, and builds on and enhances the skills learned there. However, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you can gain direct entry into Active Grammar 2 without doing Active Grammar 1.
The course will focus on more complex grammar used in real situations to help you:
- build a helpful grammar glossary
- improve listening skills with grammar-in-context listening practice
- enhance writing ability by using more complex and varied grammar structures
To benefit from the course, you should be prepared to participate fully in all exercises and activities.
Active Grammar 2 is part of the Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme. The Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) consists of short courses that deal with specific English language skills. These short courses can be taken individually. There are five modules (each of 45 hours' duration) currently on offer.
Completion of any one module from Modules 1 - 2 and any one module from Modules 3 - 5 within four years lead to the Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) award.
For more comprehensive information about SPACE English services, please visit:
45 hours (15 meetings x 3 hours each; once per week)
|Application Code||Commencement||Day / Time||Venue|
18 May 2022
6:45 - 9:45 pm
Teaching & Teaching Venue
There is no guarantee that the teaching venue allocated for the entire course duration will be the same*. Depending on room availability, teaching venues may be different from those advertised.
* (1) Students with classes in Tong Nai Kan, Kowloon West, should note that, in the case of closure of Po Leung Kuk Tong Nai Kan Junior Secondary College, the lessons thus affected will be transferred to other centres available at the time of booking.
(2) Due to unexpected circumstances, the need arise and approval sought from respective authorities, virtual classes may be conducted to replace the normal face-to-face teaching-learning.
Instructors of the course are drawn from our panel of qualified and experienced English language teachers. Some of them are native speakers; others are local teachers with native speaker competence.
Applicants should note:
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Unless changes are made to the advertised details, we do not usually issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
Non-Local Applicants / Non-Permanent Hong Kong Residents
The following non-local / non-permanent Hong Kong residents are eligible to study part-time English Language courses at HKU SPACE without making visa arrangements (they do not need prior approval before taking up part-time study courses:
1. those who study in Hong Kong and holding a student visa under HKU SPACE;
2. those who live in Hong Kong on one-way permits (單程證);
3. those admitted to Hong Kong as dependents;
4. those issued with a valid working/employment visa;
5. those who stay in Hong Kong under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme; and
6. those issued with an Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that their visas are valid and to make appropriate visa arrangements. Upon course enrolment, non-local applicants are required to show original copies of their permits and/or visas.
|Start Date||18 May 2022 (Wed)|
- 15 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
- have completed the Certificate in General English (Introductory) or Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade D (Syllabus B) or Grade B (Syllabus A) in English Language prior to 2007 or Level 3 in English Language from 2007 or have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 3 in English Language; or
- have completed Active Grammar 1; or
- obtained the necessary entrance exam mark for entry to the Certificate in General English (Intermediate)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements or are unable to produce documentary proof(s) need to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
- Course Fee : HK$3,650
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate)|
|COURSE CODE 24C05272-6||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
|Active Grammar 2 and Effective Writing Skills 2 [Modules from Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme]|
|COURSE CODE 24Z05824-8||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
|Active Grammar 2 and Pronunciation & Fluency 2 [Modules from Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme]|
|COURSE CODE 24Z05825-6||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
|Active Grammar 2 and Speaking & Listening 2 [Modules from Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme]|
|COURSE CODE 24Z05826-4||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
|Active Grammar 2 and Vocabulary Enhancement 2 [Modules from Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme]|
|COURSE CODE 24Z05827-2||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
|Active Grammar 1 [Module from Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) programme] and Active Grammar 2 [Module from Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme]|
|COURSE CODE 24Z05834-5||FEES $7,300 (regular) or $7,000 (for early enrolment)||ENQUIRY 2975-5689|
Continuing Education Fund
The Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) programme is registered with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) as a CEF reimbursable course.
For details, visit their address at http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/.
CEF refunds are available to students who:
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- SPACE General English Entrance Examination Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) Effective Writing Skills 2 Speaking and Listening 2 Active Grammar 1 Effective Writing Skills 1 Pronunciation and Fluency 1 Speaking and Listening 1 Advanced Grammar