Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAviation
Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 21 Oct 2019 (Mon)
- 20 months
This programme aims at nurturing management professionals in various aviation sectors which focuses on operational and management issues in the aviation industry. A broad range of knowledge such as airline and airport operations and management, aviation business development, aviation safety issues, and air traffic management are covered in the programme.
The aviation industry of Hong Kong has been continuously expanding. With the development of the third runway, the aviation business will grow further. Sectors including airline, cargo, aircraft maintenance services, aviation security, etc. will be benefited. Current practitioners in the aviation industry and those who pursue a career in the aviation field are encouraged to enroll in this programme.
This programme contains 13 modules which have to be completed in 20 months. Classes will be conducted on weekday and weekend evenings.
The modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Aircraft and Aviation Industry
- Aviation Business Development and Operations
- Airline Management
- Air Cargo Services I
- Human Factors and Performance
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Air Cargo Services II
- Air Traffic Management
- Aircraft Weight Balance and Dispatch #
- Environmental Factors in Aviation
- Aviation Security and Contingency Planning
- Airport Operation
- Aviation Project
#This module is supported by the Jardine Airport Services Limited (JASL) with provision of certified trainers.
Assessment (except the Aviation Project module) includes continuous assessment (Weighting 50%) and examination (Weighting 50%). Continuous assessment will be in the form of written assignments, written test, and/or practical exercises.
For the Aviation Project module, assessment includes continuous assessment only.
Students are required to pass all assessments and attain at least 75% attendance in each module.
2 weekdays, 7:15pm - 10:15pm; Saturday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
HKU SPACE Learning Centres (To be confirmed)
Applicants should possess the following requirements:
1. (a) (i) have gained three passes in HKCEE including Mathematics PLUS Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, OR five passes in the pre 2007 HKCEE (including Chinese Language, English Language* and Mathematics); AND
(ii) have three years of relevant work experience
(b) (i) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects; AND
(ii) have one year of work experience
(c) (i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination** Level 2 or above in five subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
(ii) have two years of work experience
2. be aged 21 or above
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A).
** Applicants are allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects in the application. The recognition of the ApL subjects is as follows:
Before 2018 HKDSE Examination
- “Attained with distinction” is deemed equivalent to Level 3; and
- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to Level 2
2018 HKDSE Examination or afterward
- “Attained with distinction (II)” is deemed equivalent to Level 4; and
- “Attained with distinction (I)” is deemed equivalent to Level 3; and
- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to Level 2
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$36,800 per programme (by 2 instalments. 1st instalment – HK$24,400; 2nd instalment – HK$12,400)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Air Cargo Services I and Air Cargo Services II (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 25Z08969-3||FEES $5,670 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 2587-3254|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Center:
- Completed enrollment form
- Application fee: $150 (Non-refundable)
- Original certificate(s) for verification
- A copy of each certificate
* HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
Application for Module Exemption
-- relevant qualification / training / working experience
Supporting documents must be provided
(e.g. certificate of training, employment certificate)
-- submit application to programme team by email (email@example.com) before class's application deadline
-- submit application fee: HK$500 per module (Max. 2 modules, non-refundable)
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of