Accounting & FinanceFinancial Services and Insurance
Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 03 Sep 2019 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- Jan 2020
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
- Business modules HK$3,950- HK$6,350
FFP module: HK$13,950
CFP level 1 & 2 modules: HK$4,750
*(course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
政府加碼資助 $20,000 CEF讀書, 快快讀完個CFP
This programme prepares students for the CFPCM Certification Examination (Foundation Level) and Certified Financial Planning CM Level 1 and 2 examinations organized by the Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong. In addition, the programme also enables students to enter Year 3 of Edinburgh Napier University’s Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Financial Services degree programme. Besides, graduates of that degree programme can apply for ENU’s Master of Science in International Banking and Finance programme with alumni discount.
根據IFPHK每年調查結果， 2016年CFP專業人士入息中位數介乎60萬至80萬，收入超越100萬者佔21.6%. 快快考返個牌增值.
完成財務策劃高等文憑課程, 學生可直接入讀 ENU 第三年學士學位, 並可同時為您賺取CFPCM專業資格. Articulation to Edinburgh Napier University’s Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Financial Services
The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong (IFPHK) has announced new Associate Financial PlannerTM (AFPTM) and Certified Financial PlannerCM (CFPCM) education programmes for the benefit of professionals working in the Financial Planning industry.
There are now three levels of education programmes and examinations leading to the AFP and CFP qualifications: the FFP Education Programme (120 hours), CFP Level 1 Education Programme (total 120 hours) and CFP Level 2 Education Programme (40 hours).
Students must progress through each level one at a time to obtain the AFPTM and CFPCM qualifications. Students can approach the IFPHK to learn the details of the various education programmes and FFP course exemption.
News about CFP:
Obtaining the Advanced Diploma/Diploma in Financial Planning
Students who complete all 11 modules in the programme (FFP, CFP Level 1, CFP Level 2 and business modules) will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning. Students who complete the first 5 modules (FFP, CFP level 1 and CFP Level 2) will be granted an exit award, the Diploma in Financial Planning.
Obtaining the AFP/CFP qualification
This programme also allows students to sit for the AFPTM and CFPCM Professional examinations run by the Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong. Students who complete the FFP module will qualify to sit for the CFPCM Certification Examination (Foundation Level). Similarly, students who complete the CFP Level 1 modules will qualify to sit for the CFP Level 1 Certification Examination. Students who continue on to complete the CFP Level 2 module will qualify to sit for the CFP Level 2 Certification Examination.
Students who complete all the FFP, CFP Level 1 and 2 and business modules will be able to enter Year 3 of Edinburgh Napier University’s Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Financial Services programme. Students will also be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning.
|Application Code||1745-FN005A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- The Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning consists of 514 lecture hours while the Diploma in Financial Planning consists of 280 lecture hours.
HKU SPACE has revamped its Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning to incorporate the AFP and CFP education programmes. The full programme now consists of 11 modules as follows:
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning (FFP) for AFP (120 hours)
CFP Level 1 Modules:
- Insurance Planning and Risk Management (40 hours)
- Investment Planning and Asset Management (40 hours)
- Tax Planning and Estate Planning (40 hours)
CFP Level 2 Module:
- Advanced Financial Planning (40 hours)
Business Modules: (for January 2018 intake onward) (tentative and subjective to further amendment)
- Basic Accounting (36 hours lecture +18 hours tutorial)
- Business Economics (Economics) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Business Economics (Statistics) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Management Information Systems (36 hours)
- Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Marketing of Financial Services (36 hours)
Exemptions from the 6 business modules may be granted to those who have completed equivalent courses at recognised post-secondary institutions or professional examinations. For the Advanced Diploma, the maximum number of exemptions are 60 out of 120 credits.
The September 2019 class schedule is available now:
September 2019 Intake:
Old students admitted before 1 January 2018 can take:
|1. ACCT4060 - Principles of Accounting|
|2. FINA4001 - Economics|
|3. COML4034 - Law|
|4. FINA4144 - Basic Finance|
|5. IMAT4001 - Management Information System|
|6. MGNT4003 - Organisational and Management|
|7. FINA4026 - Marketing of Financial Services|
New students admitted after 1 January 2018 can take:
|1. ACCT4001 - Basic Accounting|
|2. FINA4154 - Business Economics (Economics)|
|3. FINA4155 - Business Economics (Statistics)|
|4. IMAT4001 - Management Information System|
|5. MGNT4065 - Business Management (Organisational Behaviour)|
|6. FINA4156 - Marketing of Financial Services|
The May 2019 class schedule is available now:
May 2019 Intake:
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 3 subjects and Level 2 in Chinese Language and English Language; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Level 2 in 5 subjects; OR
- be aged 21 years of age or above and have 3 years of work experience.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
**Please upload copy of HKID and complete Employment Information while applying online.
HK$150 (Application fee is non-refundable)Course Fee
- Business modules HK$3,950- HK$6,350
FFP module: HK$13,950
CFP level 1 & 2 modules: HK$4,750
*(course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Organization and Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06088-0||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Economics (Economics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10261-3||FEES $3,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Economics (Statistics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10262-1||FEES $3,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 21z10263-A||FEES $3,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Fundamentals of Financial Planning for AFP (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z08651-6||FEES $13,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Insurance Planning and Risk Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06301-A||FEES $4,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Investment Planning and Asset Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06302-8||FEES $4,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Tax Planning and Estate Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z08652-4||FEES $4,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Advanced Financial Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06305-2||FEES $4,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Basic Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06307-9||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06306-0||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06308-7||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Basic Finance (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06309-5||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Management Information Systems (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06310-9||FEES $4,250||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Marketing of Financial Services (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06311-7||FEES $4,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.