Accounting & Finance Financial Services and Insurance
Today and Upcoming Events
政府加碼資助 $25,000 CEF讀書, 快快讀完個CFP!
根據IFPHK每年調查結果，至2022年底，全球CFP®專業人士總數突破213,000人，新增10,550名CFP®持證人。香港則有 4,114 名CFP®專業人士，全球排名第8位。另一項IFPHK的調查結果則顯示：於2021年11月至2022年2月CFP®專業人士入息超越60萬者約佔59.87%，收入超越100萬者約佔28.55%，收入超越200萬者約佔6.64%， 快快考返個牌為自己增值。
Articulation to Degree Programmes
For degree holders, they can be further articulated to the following finance postgraduate diploma programmes and master of science programme.
The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong (IFPHK) has announced new Associate Financial Planner® (AFP®) and Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) education programmes for the benefit of professionals working in the Financial Planning industry.
There are now three levels of education programmes and examinations leading to the AFP® and CFP® qualifications:
(1) Foundation Level Education Programme for CFP® Certification Examination (Foundation Level) (120 hours);
(2) Education Programme for CFP® Advanced Level Paper 1 Examination (total 120 hours); and
(3) Education Programme for CFP® Advanced Level Paper 2 Examination (40 hours).
Students must progress through each level one at a time to obtain the AFP® and CFP® qualifications. Students can approach the IFPHK to learn the details of the various education programmes and FFP course exemption.
News about CFP®:
Obtaining the Advanced Diploma/Diploma in Financial Planning
Students who complete all 11 modules in the programme [5 CFP® modules (FFP, CFP® Advanced Level Paper 1, CFP® Advanced Level Paper 2) and 6 Business modules) will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning. Students who complete the first 5 modules (FFP, IPAM, IPRM, TPEP and AFP) will be granted an exit award, the Diploma in Financial Planning.
Obtaining the AFP®/CFP® qualification
This programme also allows students to sit for the AFP® and CFP® Professional examinations run by the Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong. Students who complete the FFP module will qualify to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination (Foundation Level). Similarly, students who complete the CFP® Certification Examination Advanced Level Paper 1 modules (IPAM, IPRM, and TPEP modules) will qualify to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination (Advanded Level Paper 1). Students who continue on to complete the CFP® Certification Examination Advanced Level Paper 2 module will qualify to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination (Advanced Level Paper 2).
Students who complete all modules under the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning programme will also be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning. Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning programme who wish to further their study will be able to enter different degree programme.
|Application Code||2165-FN005A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- The Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning consists of 514 lecture hours while the Diploma in Financial Planning consists of 280 lecture hours.
Modules & Class Details
HKU SPACE has revamped its Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning to incorporate the AFP® and CFP® cerification education programmes. The full programme now consists of 11 modules as follows:
(A) 5 CFP® Modules
CFP® Certification Examination (Foundation Level) (FFP Module):
1. Fundamentals of Financial Planning (FFP) for AFP (120 hours)
CFP® Certification Examination (Advanced Level Paper 1) Modules:
2. Insurance Planning and Risk Management (40 hours)
3. Investment Planning and Asset Management (40 hours)
4. Tax Planning and Estate Planning (40 hours)
CFP® Certification Examination (Advanced Level Paper 2) Modules:
5. Advanced Financial Planning (40 hours)
** A certificate of Diploma in Financial Planning will be issued to a participant who has completed the above module (FFP module + CFP Level 1 modules + CFP Level 2 module)
(B) Business Modules: (for January 2018 intake onward) (tentative and subjective to further amendment)
- Basic Accounting (36 hours lecture +18 hours tutorial)
- Business Economics (Economics) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Business Economics (Statistics) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Management Information Systems (36 hours)
- Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) (27 hours lecture + 9 hours tutorial)
- Marketing of Financial Services (36 hours)
** A certificate of Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning will be issued to a participant who has completed the above module (FFP module + CFP® Certification Examination Advanced Level Paper 1 modules + CFP® Certification Examination Advanced Level Paper 2 module + Business modules)
Exemptions from the 6 business modules may be granted to those who have completed equivalent courses at recognised post-secondary institutions or professional examinations. For the Advanced Diploma, the maximum number of exemptions are 60 out of 120 credits.
January 2024 Intake :
Old students admitted before 1 January 2018 can take:
|1. ACCT4060 - Principles of Accounting|
|2. FINA4001 - Economics|
|3. COML4034 - Law|
|4. FINA4144 - Basic Finance|
|5. IMAT4001 - Management Information System|
|6. MGNT4003 - Organisational and Management|
|7. FINA4026 - Marketing of Financial Services|
New students admitted after 1 January 2018 can take:
|1. ACCT4001 - Basic Accounting|
|2. FINA4154 - Business Economics (Economics)|
|3. FINA4155 - Business Economics (Statistics)|
|4. IMAT4001 - Management Information System|
|5. MGNT4065 - Business Management (Organisational Behaviour)|
|6. FINA4156 - Marketing of Financial Services|
Fee & Entry Requirements
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 3 subjects and Level 2 in Chinese Language and English Language; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Level 2 in 5 subjects;
- be aged 21 years of age or above and have 3 years of work experience.
- IFPHK candidacy is a pre-requisite for the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
**Please upload copy of HKID and complete Employment Information while applying online.
HK$150 (Application fee is non-refundable)Course Fee
- Business modules HK$4,000- HK$6,000
FFP module: HK$16,300
CFP® level 1 & 2 modules: HK$5,550 each module
*(course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Organization and Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06088-0||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Basic Finance (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06309-5||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Fundamentals of Financial Planning for AFP (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149765||FEES $15,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|INSURANCE PLANNING AND RISK MANAGEMENT (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151565||FEES $5,550||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|INVESTMENT PLANNING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151379||FEES $5,550||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Tax Planning and Estate Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149773||FEES $5,350||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|ADVANCED FINANCIAL PLANNING (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151573||FEES $5,550||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|BASIC ACCOUNTING (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151581||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|LAW (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151387||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z15159A||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|MARKETING OF FINANCIAL SERVICES (MODULE FROM ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z151603||FEES $6,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Economics (Economics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149668||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Economics (Statistics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149676||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z149684||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.